Harmony Central Forums
No announcement yet.

Is there a set of strings like this?

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a set of strings like this?

What I want in a set of string does not seem to come in a single pack...I'm getting kinda tired of getting a particular pack and then having to order other strings separately.

So, is there a single set that looks something like 11/14/20w/28/38/52? The main problem is getting that wound third in there standard; it only seems to come in 12s and 10s.

If it really comes down to it I could order custom sets, but I would be tremendously appreciative if there was a way to just get this like that.

Lighter high strings are acceptable so long as the bottom is not thinner than 50.

D'Addario makes a set of 11s with a .021w and a .049w on the bottom. That's pretty close.

Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

• ugameus
        ugameus commented
        Editing a comment

Curt Mangan Strings:

Product Description

11-15-22W-30-42-52 Length: 43 inches Nickel-Plated Steel wound strings were introduced in the late Sixties and have become the most popular alloy for electric guitars and bass. Nickel-plated steel tends to offer the most balanced tone.

Labella has a set of flatwounds:

Attached Files