Lookin to spend my tax refund on a discounted guitar from Best Buy

WoodenDuckMaker

• Members

As many of you know, Best Buy locations that have a music department are liquidating their inventory and their prices are very low. However, the selection at this point isnt so great, and I noticed that much of what's left has issues (cracked necks, faulty switches and pots).

I looked around and was tempted by these two:

epiphone nighthawk.png

modern player.png

Epiphone Nighthawk (Sunburst) and a Fender Modern Player strat, both just under $300.

They also had the binded sunburst Squier Classic Vibe telecaster for $260.

I also played the Fender Pawn Shop '51. I was turned off by it because I remember the Squier versions everyone bought for $79, so this seemed too expensive. But the neck is beautiful, and it sounds and plays great. It was marked down to $550 or so.

pawn shop 51.jpg

I also played the Jaguar Blacktop B90. I really liked the way it sounded and played too. I prefer the classic style, but it was a good deal at $330.

blacktop jaguar.jpg

I like these choices because I have single coils. Having humbuckers or p90's would be ideal to have on my second guitar.

Current guitar:

cv strat new plastic sm.png 

• Members

WoodenDuckMaker wrote:

played the Fender Pawn Shop '51. I was turned off by it because I remember the Squier versions everyone bought for $79, so this seemed too expensive. But the neck is beautiful, and it sounds and plays great. It was marked down to $550 or so.

pawn shop 51.jpg

It

• Members

If I were you I would just put the money in the bank and wait for the next round of discounts. Nobody is putting anything decent on sale right now, and you can do better than just scraping the bottom of Best Buy

• Members

There really arent many good deals at Best Buy.  They have agreed to sell their 

remaining inventory to GC on their close date at a previously agreed upon price,

so they are not motivated to sell to individuals.

The best deal in the whole store is the Nighthawk for $269 plus tax.

Archived