Sticky Jam #2

BydoEmpire

• Members

Not sure how to make this "sticky" but since it's been a while since we've had a backing track jam I thought I'd put one up.  This is actually just the first half (with a bit of the solo section at the end fading out) of an instrumental of mine.  There are some nice chord voicings, but it isn't too complex so you should be able to do some rock & blues soloing over it.   64bpm, nice and slow.  Your playing doesn't have to be, though!

Atlantis 1 - Backing Track

Enjoy!  Can't wait to hear what everyone comes up with.

It looks more complicated that it actually is...  Dont let the chords intimidate you - you can play C major/A minor over most of it.  Outtro in E minor.

[A Section] || Cmaj7 | D-7add9 | G7 | E-7 || Cmaj7 | D-7add9 | G7 | B-7b5  E7b9 ||

[b Section ] || A-7 | A-7/G | F#-7b5 | F || A-7 | A-7/G | F#-7b5 | F ||

[A Section ] || Cmaj7 | D-7add9 | G7 | E-7 || Cmaj7 | D-7add9 | G7 | B-7b5  E7b9 ||

[bridge] || A5 | G5 | F5 | E5 ||

[solo/Outtro] || E-7 | Dadd9 | F#-7b5 | B7 Cdim ||

• Members

joecool1963 wrote:

key?

Mostly in C, but some of the chords add notes outside of C.  The A section turnaround has an E7b9 (which has a G#), and the B section is more of an A dorian thing and has an F#-7b5.

The solo section at the end, which fades out, is just classic E minor riffage.

• Members

BydoEmpire wrote:

Not sure how to make this "sticky" but since it's been a while since we've had a backing track jam I thought I'd put one up.  This is actually just the first half (with a bit of the solo section at the end fading out) of an instrumental of mine.  There are some nice chord voicings, but it isn't too complex so you should be able to do some rock & blues soloing over it.   64bpm, nice and slow.  Your playing doesn't have to be, though!

Enjoy!  Can't wait to hear what everyone comes up with.

It looks more complicated that it actually is...  Dont let the chords intimidate you - you can play C major/A minor over most of it.  Outtro in E minor.

[A Section] || Cmaj7 | D-7add9 | G7 | E-7 || Cmaj7 | D-7add9 | G7 | B-7b5  E7b9 ||

[b Section ]
|| A-7 | A-7/G | F#-7b5 | F || A-7 | A-7/G | F#-7b5 | F ||

[A Section ] || Cmaj7 | D-7add9 | G7 | E-7 || Cmaj7 | D-7add9 | G7 | B-7b5  E7b9 ||

[bridge] || A5 | G5 | F5 | E5 ||

[solo/Outtro] || E-7 | Dadd9 | F#-7b5 | B7 Cdim ||

thank you for posting this up, BE!  great backing track, for sure.

• Members

Oh Snap, now I see the chords :p  I didn't before and just downloaded it and gave it a go.  Since I've already finished it I won't bother to rerecord anything until at least next week pending the feedback here.   I tried something a bit different.  I recorded one lead then another and in listening to them found things I liked in one but not the other and visa versa.  So I tried playing them both together.  I kind of liked it so that's what I am subjecting you guys to.   Is it too much?  I also tried something new recording wise since I got an MK319 I used the Condenser mic for one channel and the SM57 for the other.   I also liked that combination though balancing them was a bit of a bitch.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12272440&q=hi

Archived