Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend a recent album

album

ben teams up with blues harp legend charlie musselwhite for this one... i dig it... check it out... lots of stuff on youtube

Attached Files

Reissues rarely excite me, but this one is fantastic, with a healthy amount of live and unreleased material. One of my favorite albums in an era of great ones.

Comment

• BydoEmpire
      BydoEmpire commented
      Editing a comment

Pinnick Gales Pridgen:

• A Happy Crowd
      A Happy Crowd commented
      Editing a comment

Special J wrote:

Reissues rarely excite me, but this one is fantastic, with a healthy amount of live and unreleased material. One of my favorite albums in an era of great ones.

You know, I remember when that album came out. Every time I'd go into a record store, I'd always see it and I always thought the cover artwork was really cool. I knew nothing about it, other than that it just looked like something I might like. I always meant to check it out, but never did... until last night. I finally listened to it on Spotify and I quite enjoyed it.

Steven Wilson - The Raven that Refused to Sing and Other Stories.  Because of this, I have to wait longer for more Porcupine Tree, but at least this is good.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• BydoEmpire
      BydoEmpire commented
      Editing a comment

kayd_mon wrote:

Steven Wilson - The Raven that Refused to Sing and Other Stories.  Because of this, I have to wait longer for more Porcupine Tree, but at least this is good.

Agreed 100% - that's a fantastic album!

• mrbrown49
      mrbrown49 commented
      Editing a comment

kayd_mon wrote:

I am REALLY digging this.  Thanks for posting!

Nothing currently out there moves me. A LOT of mediocrity.

Comment

• GilmourD
      GilmourD commented
      Editing a comment
      The new Killswitch Engage.

The last two Coheed and Cambria.

The last Foo Fighters, if two years is considered recent to you.

• BydoEmpire
      BydoEmpire commented
      Editing a comment

BeanoBoy wrote:

Nothing currently out there moves me. A LOT of mediocrity.

What genres are you into, maybe we can find something...

I just started listening to Coheed and Cambria, and I like them. I haven't heard the Afterman albums yet, though.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

51Xb620XzWL.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Mosquito

YYY

Attached Files
        Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

I saw Alabama Shakes on SNL, and they were quite good. I haven't checked out the album yet, though. I'll have to get around to that.

Comment

Working...
          X