WATCH THIS - Coachella 2013

• Members

Lol a friend sent that to me yesterday! Honestly, it's those types of opportunistic hipsters that make me almost embarrassed whenever I like anything remotely indie. It absolutely ensures that I'd never go to a festival like that.

• Members

As funny as it is when presented back to back to back, I'm sure there were many many people (a majority even) that were honest about not hearing of the made-up bands.  Those people got editted out, obviously.  What is left are a bunch of people who will say anything for a chance to be on TV... even if it means looking like a fool in the process.

But yeah still funny and depressing at the same time.  I hope our youth aren't as stupid as those you see on "Jay Walking". :facepalm:

• Members

Lol, funny! Ice been doing this very thing for years, but me being the asshole I am, and having zero tolerance for stupidity, especially when I know people are lying, I always call them out on it to show them what {censored}ibg tools they are.

There is never a shortage of these. Poor desperate losers that will argue with you that tge band you just told them doesn't exist because you made them up, really does exist and they have seen them or have their records.

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

Lol a friend sent that to me yesterday! Honestly, it's those types of opportunistic hipsters that make me almost embarrassed whenever I like anything remotely indie. It absolutely ensures that I'd never go to a festival like that.

I don't understand this attitude at all.  Why would you let other people's stupidity affect your enjoyment of music?

I for one like what I like....I don't really care who else is into it or not into it.  Or how they behave.  I certainly wouldn't let other people I don't know determine whether or not I'd go to a concert. 

• Members

Ratae Coritanorum wrote:

Awww man, this is soooooooo bad, and cringeworthy, they should have taken all those people away and made them do bads things with dumpster contents

that was delightfully painful.  get the f*ck out of my pool - i love that band.  they just have good energy.

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

@soundcreation

It "almost" mskes me embarrassed to like some indie music. I still do like some. But these type of people in the video annoy me. They would ruin my concert experience.

ahh...you gotta get over that.....life's too short to let people THAT moronic to have an effect on your life. 

• Members

Yeah, this was clearly faked.  I actually have more sympathy for the kids, and I'm annoyed at the dumbass who faked this up for a "laugh". 

Wow, editing stuff together to make people look stupid . . . yeah, you laugh really hard until somebody does it to you.

• Members

Funny all the cool guys in here calling people sheep and hipsters and stupid, the only sheep/dumb ones here are those that believe television is real. No doubt the interviewer was saying real bands only to be overdubbed later, clearly edited, but well done.

Poor desperate losers, morons, etc.? A lot of negativity around here about a fun tv bit. The only ones coming off as music snobs and people that would ruin concerts are in this thread

• Members

There's a reason they made this joke, whether it's faked or not - it's based on truth. Honestly, try asking a random selection of hipsters or indie music fans or whatever these same types of questions, and they'll give the same answers.

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

There's a reason they made this joke, whether it's faked or not - it's based on truth. Honestly, try asking a random selection of hipsters or indie music fans or whatever these same types of questions, and they'll give the same answers.

there is some truth to it, but if you asked 100 people about fake bands maybe 10 would say they liked them, but they wouldnt expand on it like these kids do. 

its a funny bit, nothing more or less. 

Archived