Hot or Not? April 28th

GreatDane

• Members

v

Description from the 1975 catalogue

The Hamer guitar is entirely handmade. The body is one piece of select British Honduras Mahogany, avilable with or without a twopiece "bookmatched" curly maple top. The neck is carved from the same choice mahogany and is reinforced with a carbon steel trussrod that is fully adjustable. The fingerboard is available in rosewood or ebony, with a variety of fret styles to choose from. 22 frets on a 24.75 inch scale. The electronics consist of two powerful humbucking type pickups, three position toggle switch, two volume, and one master tone controls. The finish is available in several different styles and colors; tobacco or cherry sunburst, natural wood grain, or opaque black or white. Custom colors are available on request.

We believe that by using the finest materials and construction methods we have created an insrument that is special for the serious musician.

It is set apart from mass produced instruments in design as well as construction. It feels right. It balances both visually and physically. The components, neck, and body design give the guitar a sound and a playability that is unappraochable.

The Hamer guitar does not rely upon its name or past triumphs for its appeal. With the instrument comes our pride of workmanship and our attention to detail. These guitars are not built to schedules, nor are they marketing compromises. They are simply the finest instruments we can build.

Paul Hamer

Fall, 1975 

• Members

AlamoJoe wrote:

Oh 
HELL YEAH

HOT!!!
I always wanted one of those...
I mean you can't sit and play it
...And I'm lazy..But still!

Au contraire. Explorers sit very comfortably on the lap and are very well balanced. The larger upper rear "wing" tucks under your arm like an acoustic and the guitar balances perfectly on your leg. Try one sometime.

Archived