Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot or Not? April 28th

v

Description from the 1975 catalogue

The Hamer guitar is entirely handmade. The body is one piece of select British Honduras Mahogany, avilable with or without a twopiece "bookmatched" curly maple top. The neck is carved from the same choice mahogany and is reinforced with a carbon steel trussrod that is fully adjustable. The fingerboard is available in rosewood or ebony, with a variety of fret styles to choose from. 22 frets on a 24.75 inch scale. The electronics consist of two powerful humbucking type pickups, three position toggle switch, two volume, and one master tone controls. The finish is available in several different styles and colors; tobacco or cherry sunburst, natural wood grain, or opaque black or white. Custom colors are available on request.

We believe that by using the finest materials and construction methods we have created an insrument that is special for the serious musician.
    It is set apart from mass produced instruments in design as well as construction. It feels right. It balances both visually and physically. The components, neck, and body design give the guitar a sound and a playability that is unappraochable.
    The Hamer guitar does not rely upon its name or past triumphs for its appeal. With the instrument comes our pride of workmanship and our attention to detail. These guitars are not built to schedules, nor are they marketing compromises. They are simply the finest instruments we can build.

Paul Hamer

Fall, 1975 

Attached Files
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Hell yes! White Hot!! I want to play Cheap Trick.....

href="http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=richey+lather" Good deals with: Mister Zero, homestar_kevin, Nomad000, ed_sped2, Jim Hunter, D34dBaWx, Vidiot72, ny300percentcom, bluedevil0204, PumpkinPieces, Silverring233, darkmonohue, diceman1000, sethseth, boonestunes, Shauggy, echobaseone, firebrand, Macelind, BloodBros, michaellambson, SunofNothing, jdpkeeper, sameoldbluesman, Shamdog, WBigsby, Mike Fiasco, Greystoke

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
      Phil O'Keefe commented
      Editing a comment

richey888 wrote:

Hell yes! White Hot!! I want to play Cheap Trick.....

This

I like it but would never own it.
    Information is not knowledge
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• hardtdc
      hardtdc commented
      Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
      I like it but would never own it.

Same here. It's definitely hot. but I can't see me with an Explorer. A Firebird yes, but not an Explorer.

Absofrigginlutely hot.

Comment

• Flatspotter
      Flatspotter commented
      Editing a comment
      Like it except for the mismatched pickups.

It's a Hamer.  Automatically hot. 

Originally Posted by Warren Buffett

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Member of the Hamer Squad

Founder of the Danelectro Horde

Third Cousin of The Orange-y Family

Good dealings with: GreatDane, Norcal_GIT_r (x2), solly, puckman, rydia is hot, 98 les paul, JerEvil

MY GUITARS

Comment

I dig it.  I would like to have one just like it.

Comment

• Pine Apple Slim
        Pine Apple Slim commented
        Editing a comment

Roy Brooks wrote:

I dig it.  I would like to have one just like it.

Me too. I love Explorers, and thats a nice one!

I'm a big fan of Hamer's, but they would have done well to stay away from the pointy designs.

Please visit my website www.treeguitarworks.com

Comment

• Alecto
        Alecto commented
        Editing a comment

stormin1155 wrote:

I'm a big fan of Hamer's, but they would have done well to stay away from the pointy designs.

It was the 1970's.  The pointy shapes were big back then.

Rick Derringer

Rudolf Schenker

ZZ Top

Attached Files

• slvrsrpnt
        slvrsrpnt commented
        Editing a comment

YUMMM MMMEEEEE!

Oh HELL YEAH HOT!!! I always wanted one of those...I mean you can't sit and play it...And I'm lazy..But still!

http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

• Pine Apple Slim
        Pine Apple Slim commented
        Editing a comment

AlamoJoe wrote:

Oh HELL YEAH HOT!!! I always wanted one of those...I mean you can't sit and play it...And I'm lazy..But still!

Au contraire. Explorers sit very comfortably on the lap and are very well balanced. The larger upper rear "wing" tucks under your arm like an acoustic and the guitar balances perfectly on your leg. Try one sometime.

Working...
    X