HNGD!

BG76

• Members

axegrinder wrote:

In the pics it looks like a new pick guard on a vintage strat. Then again I am viewing on my iPhone in a bright room.

Looks like it to me too. Is it the original pickguard? Anyway, Happy New Guitar Day. I'm with kayd_mon; what year is it?

• Members

Some of it is probably because I took the pic with my iPhone so it's not all that detailed but if you look around for early Strats the guards don't green like the 60s ones.

I've always liked these because they're less 'production' then the later ones. As someone who sometimes builds it's cool to see how rough certain aspects of the early stuff was. I have always wanted one with the goofy knobs. It does have some replaced parts and I didn't get the original case but the stuff I'm concerned about is all there, plus I'm more of a player then a collector. This one was priced too low to pass up so I figured why not.

This is a photo I grabbed off the web of one in similar condition:

54_strat-july_1.jpg

• Members

BG76 wrote:

Just got this in, needs a setup and a couple other little things (new switch, etc...).

942330_568298053204769_1968717339_n.jpg

946583_568297866538121_1968059896_n.jpg

congratulations, BG, but we need some better, more drool-worthy pictures than that.  come on, man.  you can do it.

• Members

Stoopid relics.  A REAL man puts his OWN wear marks on a guitar.  Kids these days, snow up to my chest-high pantaloons, get off my lawn and whatnot. ;)

Really sweet guitar, BG.  Totally digging the vibe of this one.  You're right about the wacky knobs, they're... enchanting.

HNGD!

Archived