Skatterbrane won't be getting any of my pickup business

PunkKitty

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I ride. I could go on and on and on and on about this, but instead I'll just thank you for posting.

I'll start spreading the word and hopefully he will see his business die; a fitting result for a person who thinks his irritation is license for attempted murder. Cyclists die by the score every year in exactly this fashion.

• Members

kit_strong wrote:

If there is any justice in the world the guy will be doing any future pickup winding from prison.

I agree.  In fact, I really don't know why there is no manslaughter/attempted murder charge ... of course, living in the west, I do know the 'good old boy' routine: suuuuure, he didn't mean to hit him ...

... which will probably evaporate once they get in front of a judge.

Seriously - what a sociopath.  He really does belong locked up.

• Members

Please explain to me what a "passive aggressive" cyclist is.  It seems you - like many others - are of the opinion that cyclists do not have the same rights to the road that cars do.  That's your right.

However, state laws in over 40 of the 50 states disagree with you.

And it is not your right to respond to someone who is operating within their legal rights in a way you find distasteful with homicidal violence.

My opinion is that there is no exception to that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I would think if you areinto teh bro0tlz you would be lining up to buy Skatterbrain's pickups. I mean, he is pretty sick and evil (allegedly).

He should go into business with the guy who killed Diamond Darrel Lance, then they could sell things to people who want to make "evil" music.

Maybe all the blooze players who are "real guitar playerz" will be more into them if Skatter says he made a deal down at the crossroads to run over cyclists in return for the wealth to buy an Aurora and his good looks.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I think his pickups are great. I would still buy pickups from him. And my wife is a SERIOUS cyclist. I do not need to defend her cycling honour by not buying Rod's pickups. How many artists do stupid things in their lives and we still listen to them and buy thier recordings and attend their concerts? And what happened to innocent until proven guilty? He may indeed be guilty but it has nothing to do with his pickups. And let me ask if any of the forum participants have NEVER run across a group of arrogant cyclists. I am not saying that what he may have done is right. Just saying two sides to every story. He may indeed be responsible for all of this, but he will have his day in court. It is still nothing to do with his pickups.

• Members

SB I'm sorry, I did not know a loved one of yours was hit by a car. Two questions:

1 what did they do to piss you off?

2 did you use the Aurora or do you own more fancy cars?

Also, in the pic are you in a straight jacket or is it a blanket of sorts because maybe you were naked or is there another explanation?

• Members

"B I'm sorry, I did not know a loved one of yours was hit by a car. Two questions:

1 what did they do to piss you off?

2 did you use the Aurora or do you own more fancy cars?

Also, in the pic are you in a straight jacket or is it a blanket of sorts because maybe you were naked or is there another explanation?"

1,  I will not answer that question at this time. Will someday.

2. I was driving the Aurora, the only car I own. It was not "used" in any manner other than motivating me down the road, as there was no intention to come in contact with anyone or anything. It is a beautiful low mileage car.

3. For reasons I do not know, they drape a blue blanket over everyone they book through there.  So if the previous person has lice, chances are you will get lice too! (they seemingly have only ONE blue blanket).

• Members

When this is over you should sell funny t-shirts or write funny descriptions to your pickups killing 60 cyclists. If you read the whole thread I still say you probably did something stupid but the group of cyclists prob did too.

Don't worry about a boycott here because most of the people here buy the cheapest thing they can and you're not selling spandex shorts so don't worry about the bike riding people boycotting you either. Plus if they're riding bikes they can't even afford a car which is why it rob pissed them off swing you in a pimp ride like you drive.

Just remember people said OJ was guilty too and he showed them! Just stay out of Vegas.

• Members

I did read the comment about 60 cycle hum, it was very clever.  Oh my business is ruined. Even if Oprah Winfrey got Slash to state I am the most woderful human on the planet and my pickups are of the angel's voices, nothing can repair the damage that has been done on the internet.

That's the way it goes. I guess.

• Members

That sucks, you need to keep doing it though. A lot of people hated Ed Roman and he was a great guy and died a rich and happy person because he had that screw the haters attitude.

I would def still buy your stuff. Just give it some time:)

Archived