Yes Considering New Album

GreatDane

• Members

from Gibson.com:

v

Progressive legends Yes are considering recording a new album in 2014 with new vocalist Jon Davison, according to keyboard player Geoff Downes.

Downes tells Bravewords.com's Martin Popoff that there has been talk of tackling another album after the band's current run of touring is through. "You know, we've discussed it, and certainly I think Jon would be a very useful contributor to that," Downes says. "And it would be nice to do an album with him. Because we did an album with Benoit [former vocalist Beno

• Members

Tough for me to consider it YES without Jon Anderson. Interchanging some other parts I can tolerate (though maybe not Chris Squire). I believe I'd heard Alan White somehow owns the Yes franchise label, so technically he does call the shots.

Anyway, maybe the band with make good music, but I'm not convinced they'll come off as Yes to me. My $0.02

• Members

I'm one of the old-school Yes fans who think it isn't Yes without Jon Anderson on the mic. That being said, "Fly From Here" did not suck, as I thought it would.

I haven't heard the new singer and I'm not really interested. They should get Anderson back and take one more shot at another good Yes album before its too late.

I've also thought Jon Anderson should hook up with Magenta and make an album. Their music sounds so much like classic Yes, and Anderson can still sing, so its worth a shot IMO.

Check this out when the music kicks in at :20

Archived