Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Considering New Album

from Gibson.com:

v

Progressive legends Yes are considering recording a new album in 2014 with new vocalist Jon Davison, according to keyboard player Geoff Downes.

Downes tells Bravewords.com's Martin Popoff that there has been talk of tackling another album after the band's current run of touring is through. "You know, we've discussed it, and certainly I think Jon would be a very useful contributor to that," Downes says. "And it would be nice to do an album with him. Because we did an album with Benoit [former vocalist Beno

Attached Files
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

The last album by Yes that I thought was solid was Close to the Edge.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Tough for me to consider it YES without Jon Anderson. Interchanging some other parts I can tolerate (though maybe not Chris Squire). I believe I'd heard Alan White somehow owns the Yes franchise label, so technically he does call the shots.

Anyway, maybe the band with make good music, but I'm not convinced they'll come off as Yes to me. My $0.02
      Originally Posted by wedgehed II

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

• cbh5150
        cbh5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. Without JA, it's not quite Yes.

And Fly From Here was godawful.

Lol!
      Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• peskypesky
        peskypesky commented
        Editing a comment

I'm one of the old-school Yes fans who think it isn't Yes without Jon Anderson on the mic. That being said, "Fly From Here" did not suck, as I thought it would.

I haven't heard the new singer and I'm not really interested. They should get Anderson back and take one more shot at another good Yes album before its too late.

I've also thought Jon Anderson should hook up with Magenta and make an album. Their music sounds so much like classic Yes, and Anderson can still sing, so its worth a shot IMO.

Check this out when the music kicks in at :20

Working...
    X