Charvel Surfcasters are so hot.

honeyiscool

• Members

They're like the perfect marriage of Fender, Rickenbacker, and Dano:

303px-Charvel_Surfcaster.jpg

I've tried to figure out if these guitars have any flaws, and no, they don't. They are perfect guitars. Why they reduced them to this, I have no clue:

2931211586_frt_wlg_001.png

I like this and all, but it just isn't quite so droolish IMO.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So true about they {censored} up one feature at a time.

Honestly, I would just install P-94 style pickups into an Fender Jaguar HH Special, which are awesome:

DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_511323.001.069_black_rw.

I feel like Fender Japan offsets generally get it right, and that's the frustrating thing. You go to Fender Japan's website and see hot guitar after hot guitar, and then you look at what we get here.

• Members

None of them look as nice, though, in my humble opinion. The one Gretsch I really like is the Malcolm Young II model:

489714.jpg

But the only Double Jet they have now has a Bigsby and I want a hardtail.

Speaking of screwing up one feature, they put the second toggle switch (between the pickups) right in the final approach path of my pick!

• Members

People go rabid for these guitars, and for good reason. there is a huge collector's market for them. Why Charvel didn't include them as a reissue when they introduced the desolation wit the same body shape is beyond me. Dumb move from my point of view. I know at least half a dozen people that would buy one sight unseen if they made them again.

Archived