Clear All

• Anyone using the GFS guitar strings?

Just curious. They're cheap.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Nickel-Round-Wound-Guitar-Strings_c_365.html

-
    Spam:
    FS: none
    I'm a GOLD TRADER
    Good deals: rusholmeruffian, rrancani, JohnnyRaincheck, mhn433, super56k, wagdog, cratz2, rxkid75, teletaylor
    Shamelessness: I do illustration & graphic design by commission, check my blogfolio: -- Matt White's Art --

Last year I bought an Xaviere guitar from Guitar Fetish and the first thing I did was to change strings.

Love the guitar but not the GFS strings

Comment

I can't vouch for those but I use these regularly:  http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-electric-9-nickel-plated-steel-guitar-strings

They're cheap -er and I can't tell much of a difference btn them and my favorite Strings DR Tites.  As good or better than Ernie Ball IMO.

"Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you're listening. Playing the piano ['guitar'] allows you to do both at the same time." -Kelsey Grammer

Comment

• peskypesky
        peskypesky commented
        Editing a comment

I've bought a ton of strings from GFS in the past few years. They work fine for me.

No. I wouldn't waste my time either.
      Information is not knowledge
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Jkater
        Jkater commented
        Editing a comment

No telling who makes those strings in China. I have tried cheap strings from Thomann (Harley benton) and they were absolutely horrible. Strings are too important and cheap to compromise.

I tried them.  I wasn't a fan, they felt kind of weird to me.

Comment

I've used the .11's for years. Good strings. Trying Elixir next. They're supposed to hold up well.

Comment

Working...
        X