Which Amp to get to help with sucking?

DaveAronow

• Members

Which amp do you reccomend if I suck out loud, but I don't really want to practice, but I want to sound better than I really am anyway?

What about blowing? Would that be the same amp or would I need a different one to help with that? 

Thanks.

• Members

So, Marshal, and most watts?

Ok. Do they make a 10, 000 watt marshall?

Because Im all over that bitch.

And Prawnheed, you know I love you bro, but NOT in that way. I asked you nicely to stop with all the offers of sexual favors. Please stop

And that includes  all the late night pm's too.

It just makes me really uncomfortable, sorry.

But we can still be friends though.

C'mon, what else you guys got?

I really want to stop sucking?

Maybe a pedal with a suck dial on it?

Ill just pull the battery out of it, or... or WHACK it with a baseball bat? 

Or something?

• Members

I do have a Jacques Fuse Blower pedal with a "blow" button - I guess you use that to reverse any sucking?

As for amps, I've got the answer: a whole room full of them! And guitars - expensive ones. So many expensive guitars and amps that you don't even have to turn them on - people just assume how amazing you must play to have such a collection.

If that fails, try the Marshall 410H - it gives you 3 gain settings on each of 4 separate channels for 12 different preset ways to suck through 100 watts of all tube glory.

I need to do a high gain tube head test: Mesa Rectifier, Marshall 410H, Fender Prosonic, Line6 DT50 (Bogner tube design), and a Mesa TA-15. (I told you I had a room full of amps!). I'll power chord each to see which buries your playing ability in enough overdrive to remove any trace of skillset! :D

• Members

whatever you decide on... make sure you become unhappy with it very quicly... then you can get to the business of looking for something else (which should cost more than what you get this time... but i'm sure you already knew that)

and don't forget, there's always modding... this one time, i went for a big powerchord, and totally missed.... so i quickly did a tube swap... surprisingly, it didn't help... probably because the tubes weren't vintagey enough

• Members

mistersully wrote:

whatever you decide on... make sure you become unhappy with it very quicly... then you can get to the business of looking for something else (which should cost more than what you get this time... but i'm sure you already knew that)

and don't forget, there's always modding... this one time, i went for a big powerchord, and totally missed.... so i quickly did a tube swap... surprisingly, i didn't help... probably because the tubes weren't vintagey enough

Did you try a coily cable? You can't get the tonez without a white coily. The secret is in the curls.

Archived