Guild Electrics are Back!

Alecto

• Members

omni wrote:

Where are they made?

It appears that the "American Patriarch" series are USA made, while the "St. Newmark"  models are Far East Asian, although the exact location is not noted.  Hopefully, they're made at the Cort factory in South Korea.

• Members

Looking interesting. Word is that they're using the previous Hamer workshop and craftsmen for the US Guilds. Personally I'd perfer to see FMIC go with the Hamer brand, but I'm glad people get to keep their jobs. And the new Guilds do look good

• Members

Faber wrote:

Looking interesting. Word is that they're using the previous Hamer workshop and craftsmen for the US Guilds. Personally I'd perfer to see FMIC go with the Hamer brand, but I'm glad people get to keep their jobs. And the new Guilds do look good

If they're using all the old Hamer craftsmen that says these new Guilds are going to be amazing.  Hamer built some incredible guitars.  That Ovation electric was a real sleeper guitar.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

A friend generously loaned me what I assume is the current M75 hollow single cut model back in the 60s. It was a fine instrument that I'd love to play today. List price is over $7,000 though. More than I can part with.

• Members

And, for all you Soundgarden fans, the S-100 Polara has also made a comeback. Surprisingly, they don't mention Kim Thayil in the promo literature.

Guild S-100

I can't decide whether or not I prefer the new "anti-hum" pickups or the 59/JB combo in the 1990's RI's.

Archived