Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Any Bobbie Gentry fans out there

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Bobbie Gentry fans out there

Kate Bush, Adele and Bobbie Gentry all can make me stop dead, and my spine tingles.

Don't matter how many times I hear Ode to Billy Joe......

Your favourites?

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

This song taught me the beauty of 7th.

<div class="signaturecontainer"></div>

Comment

• harold heckuba
      harold heckuba commented
      Editing a comment

My grandparents had that album.  We istened to it over there

all the time.

Loved it so much we even went to see the "Ode to Billie Joe"

movie starring Robby Benson.  The movie was really bad, and

had nothing to do with the song.

always time for bobbie g!  i'd forgotten what a babe she was!  prolly still pickin' & lookin' good...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    acoustics and electrics of different aspects. some amps and cabs
    and a multifx...

Comment

• Danhedonia
      Danhedonia commented
      Editing a comment

Some thought that movie ok, and sure it had to do with the song: plot points are liberally borrowed.

In the early 90's while working on a licensing project I wound up hearing about her through her publisher ... she is one no-bull**************** lady, I'll tell you that.  Told the music industry to stick it up their ass and kept to it.

• orourke
      orourke commented
      Editing a comment
      That was great. Beautiful song, simple, haunting and well performed. And god, she was so pretty!

Working...
X