Hot or Not? May17th

GreatDane

• Members

True story: I saw this exact guitar in the Warrior booth at summer NAMM a few years ago, I even stopped and took a picture of it. Thing is, I didn't realize it was a picture of J-dog until I was editing my pics days later.

At the time I thought it was an abstract dragon or something because they had it sitting vertically on a table, 90 degrees counterclockwise from that first picture.

I felt sort of dumb, but also sort of proud that I didn't immediately get it.

All kidding aside, it goes to show that when you do any kind of graphic on a guitar you have to make sure it looks right both vertically and horizontally.

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

Artistically speaking and specs wise, that's awesome. That said, I don't particularly dig a pic of a guy getting executed on my guitar. Seems a little to much to me.

If Vernon Reid's guitar had an image of Martin Luther King Jr., as he lay dying at that motel in Memphis, I doubt anyone would be saying that it was, "a little too much.

That said, I suspect Jesus would prefer that the guitar-playing members of his flock not spend multiple thousands on dollars his carved image, but instead that they purchase a reasonably priced instrument and use the balance to feed and clothe the poor. 

Archived