Gibson Restoration Shop Work

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sons of SUNN

pedlolboard
    skullytone fx living dead drive > russian spi sanford and sonny bluebeard (((in triphonic))) Red*bear mk120 > 68 sunn 200s > ampeg v2 > your earpussies

good tranny shared with Severed Pumpkin MakuseruSukotto theAntihero X2 Dr. Doom Shamdog Bobby D Noise. . . Ancient X2

Comment

So, I know this is a very old thread. Did HCrobe get the XR refinished and at what cost?

Comment

• Dougy
        Dougy commented
        Editing a comment

I also know that this is an old thread but surely Gibson 'could' do anything you wanted to the guitar? They've been making instruments for over 100 years, they must be able to fix one up and re-paint it...

I'm just saying.

• HCRobe
        HCRobe commented
        Editing a comment

Nope, never got it done, never got the estimate.  Re-planned to get some of the work done locally but life got in the way...

And the wife getting me a goldtop traditional for xmas.

So the XR-1 is back in the case, waiting for me to get it the refret it desperately needs. 

I just restored mine including refret. Awesome guitar. I need a favor. Can you take a picture of the inside of your XR1 control cavity? I especially need a good clean photo of that coil tap switch. I need to rewire my guitar and no one has a diagram.

Greatly appreciated. Email photo if you can to 1977lespaul@gmail.com
      V
      Frank

Comment

• FrankV
        FrankV commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted

• HCRobe
        HCRobe commented
        Editing a comment

Sure Frank, I'll take pics this weekend.  BTW, what color is yours?

I was thinking Gibson mainly because I thought they should be able to do their color exactly, It's not just a stock color, the gold underpaint is probably a large factor.  The finish was not metallic, but it had a certain glow to it.  I have never seen it on another guitar.  except other XR-1s.  Here's a pic of one I found for sale on Ebay a while ago.  I just figured if Gibson is going to do the finishing they might as well do the fretwork and adjustments.

81061602\_1.jpg

Attached Files

I'll send you some photos. I redid it in black with a natural walnut back and sides

Comment

I'm going to guess $200/

Comment

Working...
        X