NGD: Goldy Comes Home

warriorpoet

• Members

Quick backstory:

When I purchased this guitar back in 2007, I swore it'd never go anywhere. The feel and tone are just PERFECT. If you want the original NGD thread, it's here.

A year and a half ago, however, our family ran into some financial difficulties precipitated by our move to Florida, and we had no way to pay our moving expenses, hospital bills and my wife's nursing license without selling something of value. Of course, our only sale-able item was a 2006 PRS Holowbody Spruce.

Quick side-note: The Hollowbody and Archtop models were released in 1998 (my senior year of high school), and I wanted one ever since. When I was able to purchase this one in 2006, you can imagine how thrilled I was to finally own my dream guitar; this one got played out 2-3 times a week and practiced on for 1-2 hours a day for the entirety of the 2 years I owned it. You can imagine how painful it was to sell.

GreatDane stepped in, made an offer I couldn't refuse and 18 months later sold it back to me. Now, I don't know about you, but it seems to me anyone willing to do this for someone he's never met in person is worthy of serious gratitude. So, thank you Ben; without your help I'd likely never have seen this guitar again.

Now, since a NGD is no NGD without pics, here are a scad:

DSC00260.jpgDSC00257.jpgDSC00258.jpgDSC00263.jpgDSC00264.jpgDSC00262.jpgDSC00265.jpgDSC00259.jpg

Now, for the photog geeks, these were taken with a Sony DSC-H55 point-n-shoot set to 10mp, intelligent mode and slow shutter- no flash. lighting is an end-table lamp and the Florida morning sun through the window (i.e. "halo" effect ;) ). Other than resizing, every one of them is untouched. I hope this helps GD in his camera hunt :)

This is one of the happiest NGDs in my life, and barring the extremely dire unforeseen, this guitar's not going anywhere ever again.

• Members

GreatDane stepped in, made an offer I couldn't refuse and 18 months later sold it back to me. Now, I don't know about you, but it seems to me someone willing to do this for someone he's never met in person is worthy of some serious gratitude. So, thank you Ben; without your help I'd likely never have seen this guitar again.

Agreed. That was a kick ass thing for GreatDane to do. And congrats on getting your baby back. :thu:

• Members

GreatDane stepped in, made an offer I couldn't refuse and 18 months later sold it back to me. Now, I don't know about you, but it seems to me anyone willing to do this for someone he's never met in person is worthy of serious gratitude. So, thank you Ben; without your help I'd likely never have seen this guitar again.

This is one of the happiest NGDs in my life, and barring the extremely dire unforeseen, this guitar's not going anywhere ever again.

Incredible.

• Members

When I met Ben (Great Dane) a few weeks ago he told me that guitar would be on it's way back home.

I'm so glad you have her back and I hope you never have to part with her again. I still remember when you bought it. That NGD was special and now it's even more so.

Congrats to you and kudos to Ben!!!!

• Members

very special NGD congratulations to you, WP! in all honesty, i feel like i did very little, but really appreciate everyone's kind words. it's a truly outstanding instrument that i will always consider myself very fortunate to have protected for the last 18 months. i'm still amazed that WP trusted me enough to take me up on my admittedly "strange" offer to give him enough cash to clear his family's debts in exchange for his PRS, and hold the guitar until such time as he was financially stable enough to repay me.

in the end, it's with the person who deserves it the most. hopefully it never has to leave you again, WP.

• Members

Fuhgettaboutit, I'd have done the same thing for you

tony.jpg

Uh, that'd be at the customary arrangement ;)

J/K

I've bought two guitars from fellow forumite Weatherboy, this one he said he might want back some day if I tire of it. (his pic)

PIC-0206.jpg

A Bigsby modified Muddy Waters Tele. Might happen. ;)

Congrats on getting your Goldie back.

lassie-and-timmy.jpg

Lassie came home.

Archived