NGD: Goldy Comes Home

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Goldy Comes Home

Quick backstory:

When I purchased this guitar back in 2007, I swore it'd never go anywhere. The feel and tone are just PERFECT. If you want the original NGD thread, it's here.

A year and a half ago, however, our family ran into some financial difficulties precipitated by our move to Florida, and we had no way to pay our moving expenses, hospital bills and my wife's nursing license without selling something of value. Of course, our only sale-able item was a 2006 PRS Holowbody Spruce.

Quick side-note: The Hollowbody and Archtop models were released in 1998 (my senior year of high school), and I wanted one ever since. When I was able to purchase this one in 2006, you can imagine how thrilled I was to finally own my dream guitar; this one got played out 2-3 times a week and practiced on for 1-2 hours a day for the entirety of the 2 years I owned it. You can imagine how painful it was to sell.

GreatDane stepped in, made an offer I couldn't refuse and 18 months later sold it back to me. Now, I don't know about you, but it seems to me anyone willing to do this for someone he's never met in person is worthy of serious gratitude. So, thank you Ben; without your help I'd likely never have seen this guitar again.

Now, since a NGD is no NGD without pics, here are a scad:

Now, for the photog geeks, these were taken with a Sony DSC-H55 point-n-shoot set to 10mp, intelligent mode and slow shutter- no flash. lighting is an end-table lamp and the Florida morning sun through the window (i.e. "halo" effect ). Other than resizing, every one of them is untouched. I hope this helps GD in his camera hunt

This is one of the happiest NGDs in my life, and barring the extremely dire unforeseen, this guitar's not going anywhere ever again.
    The least comfortable questions lead to the most important answers.

FANTASTIC story and a beautiful guitar! Way to go Great Dane for helping out and HNGD to warriorpoet!
    - Gibson ES-335
    - Gibson Hummingbird
    - Fender Strat MIM
    - Ovation Tangent & Tangent Bass
    - Vox AC15C1 - British Racing Green

F-Holes

Originally Posted by GreatDane

the player plays, but the instrument should inspire.

Comment

Glad you got it back, man! It looks beautiful. HNGD!
      Originally Posted by Fork Man

The answer is, of course, onions.

Originally Posted by MyNameIsMok...

Blasphemer! I'll bite your nipples off.

Originally Posted by nicholai

All guitars suck. Except for mine. They rock.

Comment

Huge props Dane. Beautiful!
        Guitar Rig: Musicman Silhouette -> Cool Cat Transparent OD -> Fender Mustang I (Twin model)
        Drum Rig: Mapex Pro M's, Saluda Mists, Evans heads

Comment

I remember when you had to sell it; GREAT to hear you got it back! And Mr. Dane is Great as well

Comment

GreatDane stepped in, made an offer I couldn't refuse and 18 months later sold it back to me. Now, I don't know about you, but it seems to me someone willing to do this for someone he's never met in person is worthy of some serious gratitude. So, thank you Ben; without your help I'd likely never have seen this guitar again.

Agreed. That was a kick ass thing for GreatDane to do. And congrats on getting your baby back.
            Some original songs...

And some cover tunes...

Comment

Great story and a beautiful guitar! Congratulations on getting it back!
              My Soundclick
              My YouTube Channels

'01 Heritage H535
              '05 USA G&L Legacy
              Taylor Big Baby

Comment

HNGD WP and looking at his collection, I can't imagine a better caretaker than Greatdane.

Well done to both of you.
                Good Deals - BlackHatHunter, vexed73, Shamdog, sa1126, Doctor Morbius, Tweedledee, RitalinCupcake, CompleteGuitard, Metal0822, lfrz93, deadanddreaming, Billy Dee, jigowatt, jcameronk2, Steve_man, orangesix, Zuzuman, BryanFTL, finboy, IBDBB (x2), Mike Fiasco, Posh1227, Woody_in_MN, finboy, FarToMany, kojdogg, Fusion1, dcindc, fulcrumpoint, live-I-evil, Deadbeat Son, Teletaylor, Mr Goodbomb, Firebrand, Jse, bdhn, Lonnie99(x2), jjegg

Comment

Greatdane (Ben) is a GREAT guy, lot of respect for him (specially his collection!)

Great story! SO happy for you, ENJOY your guitar! HNGD!

Originally Posted by VÃ****ctor

..Si te separas, espero que no, avÃ****same podÃ****amos vivir juntos, eso si, sin mariconeo...

Originally Posted by artiem

The truest indicator of one's character is how he acts when there are no consequences.

SPAM: FT/FS

Comment

Awesome guitar, even better story! A class act, if I've ever heard one. Congrats!
                    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Congratulations on getting Goldy back!

And major props to GreatDane for buying the guitar and then being willing to sell it back to you. I've only had one dealing with Ben
                      Originally Posted by Warren Buffett

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Member of the Hamer Squad

Founder of the Danelectro Horde

Third Cousin of The Orange-y Family

Good dealings with: GreatDane, Norcal_GIT_r (x2), solly, puckman, rydia is hot, 98 les paul, JerEvil

MY GUITARS

Comment

Congrats!

(o)(o)

Good onya to GreatDane!
                        Visit Crash Pad at:
                        http://CrashPadBand.com
                        CONSUME!:
                        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
                        Gear List/Pics:
                        https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

GreatDane stepped in, made an offer I couldn't refuse and 18 months later sold it back to me. Now, I don't know about you, but it seems to me anyone willing to do this for someone he's never met in person is worthy of serious gratitude. So, thank you Ben; without your help I'd likely never have seen this guitar again.

This is one of the happiest NGDs in my life, and barring the extremely dire unforeseen, this guitar's not going anywhere ever again.

Incredible.
                          "No one ever goes to heaven deservingly
                          and no one ever goes to hell unwillingly."
                          -CS Lewis

Comment

I remember that guitar well. Glad it made it home!

And yep, GD is da man.
                            ~Heel

Comment

AWEsome, beautiful guitar btw, great dane has some good karma coming his way!
                              Alvarez rd20sc /Squier VM HSS Strat > Boss GT-5 > Digitech JamMan > Ibanez DE-7 > Crate Vintage Club 20 / Sunn Stinger 35

WTB:
                              Boss OD3

Originally Posted by LowWoods

Zappa makes god look like Rick Moranis.

Comment

Working...
                              X