No announcement yet.

What parts are in my partscaster?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What parts are in my partscaster?

I have an old strat partscaster that has American spaced trem/bridge and poly finish. I've had it for about 15 years, and it was old (yellowed with some finish cracks) when I got it.

It was apparently someone's attempt to build a '61 replica because the neck has a 1961 date penciled at the heel.  The Fender decal is correct for '61. It also came with a neckplate with a '61-'62 serial number. The pickups, electronics, and tuners were obviously aftermarket, and I've replaced most of that. The plastic parts (back plate, knobs, and pickup covers) are worn and naturally yellowed.

So my question is, did Fender ever make a US spaced body with poly finish? Japanese perhaps? Or did it likely come from some aftermarket source like Mighty Might or Warmoth?

body

neck

strat

Attached Files
    Please visit my website www.treeguitarworks.com

test-icle.

INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

• ugameus
      ugameus commented
      Editing a comment

test-es

Testarossa

testarossa

Attached Files
    Originally Posted by Warren Buffett

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Member of the Hamer Squad

Founder of the Danelectro Horde

Third Cousin of The Orange-y Family

Good dealings with: GreatDane, Norcal_GIT_r (x2), solly, puckman, rydia is hot, 98 les paul, JerEvil

MY GUITARS

Comment

• ugameus
      ugameus commented
      Editing a comment

test-o-boost

Niwali1.png

Attached Files

This thread needs more marital aids.
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

• ugameus
      ugameus commented
      Editing a comment

newboxb2.gif

opxvs2.png

Attached Files

Getting testy?
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Working...
    X