HELP! Rare guitar

unklemeegs

• Members

hey, my friend has an unusual guitar, and he asked me to see if anyone knows about it on here. it is a copy of the Jackson randy rhoads vee, except it has a zebra stripe paintjob, and on the headstock it reads "Turbo Electronics" as the brand name. my first thought was that it was just a Jackson that was repainted and renamed... but it actually has its own serial number as a Trubo Electonics guitar. it also looks very well done, the paint is DEFINATELY professional, not just some home-made junk, the headstock logo is also. it looks factory made. the biggest problems are that #1 the serial number showing is NOT jackson, and #2 we have searched endlessly for a company that sponsored, made, or delt "Turbo Electronics" guitars. we simply cannot find ANYTHING about them. a friend of mine mentioned that it was an old offbrand company put out by Fender, but when we checked several websites that showed a list of companys and brands that Fender ever made, Turbo Electronics was not mentioned.

if anyone knows any information about this guitar, please let me know. we are just curious to find out maybe who made it, when and where.... or maybe if its a very rare guitar that might be worth saving. thanks

• Members

thanks ill get some pictures up here soon. i was mainly just hoping someone would know anything about the brand "turbo electronics" because i cant find a thing about them, i didnt even know they existsed until i found this guitar

• 4 years later...
  • Members

Wow, I thought I had the only torbo Guitar. Have you found out anything about it? I've had mine for over ten years. It was used when it was given to me by my brother but never found out anything about it. It seem to be a very well made guitar cuz its still holding up. Mine is red with white EVH like stripes. It has 2 pickups, a humbucker in the bridge pos, and a sc neck pickup.

I would like to see some pics of others just to see what they look like.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Hello to all. Old thread but like the others in the post before me I wound up here in search of info on Turbo Electronics guitars. My impulse buy was a bass guitar as I want to learn. Fender look. Hondo like headstock. Neck and bridge pickups. Grover machines. Paint job red and black stripes over white body and headstock hand flung from paint brush left to run(drip) factory or shop done as name is on headstock. Nice weight to it. Appears to be a quality build. Hoping more info might be found somewhere. Couple guitars out there for sale but no real information. To those who have one, how do you like it? Will check back.

joe

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Hello again, Jovinyl getting back on Turbo Electrics bass. Still no new information anywhere that I could find on computer. No mention in Blue Book of Guitars, not in the copy I have. I do like the everything about the one I have, Jazz Bass setup, I came across a Turbo Electronics P-Bass style. I picked that one up. Needs clean up, setup. electronics checked. Seems to have been built well, I don't really know on that part. Feels good has a good sound that might get better with flats and setup. little bow in neck, hope its just a truss rod thing. Anyway let me see if I can paste a photo or two. Guess not.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hi Bluejeansgirl How do you like it? does it seem to be a quality build. The splattered painted bass is.well built and good sounding. Good luck with info. Might just be good products that just never sold well to stay in the biz.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Hello peeps, I bought a sick guitar by Turbo Electrics . The store owner told me it was an older guitar and made in Japan . Also it’s shapes like a machine gun . The most awesome thing about this guitar is the sound . It’s amazing , it squeals , I can finger tap with ease , and it has An amazing sound for power chords . I couldn’t find anything new on this guitar . Hopefully you guys did .

• Members

I just did some extra research and found a guitar identical to the one I own , but it is under a different brand name , my guitar is probably older than the one I found online even tho it is identical , even the placement of the serial numbers in the back and the little logo on the head . Anyways here’s the link to this guitar

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/10400256_21-c2-9-hondo-machine-gun-electric-guitar

Archived