NAD + NGD. A little out of my zone...

xrleroyx

• Members

Mesa

I swapped my plexi kit amp for this Rectoverb Combo. I also picked up this 7 string for $100.

Really nice clean sound, brootal gains. That's about it. Maybe I haven't EQ'd it right for the raw and vintage voicings. First Mesa though. Not bad. Not sure if I'll be keeping it though.

• Members

That looks like a hell of a lotta guitar for 100 bones.  Is that an Ibanez? 

Never even heard of a rectoverb let alone played one but my Mesa Heartbreaker is the best amp I've ever owned.  I haven't played through many but I did play a Mach 1 that was pretty one-dimensional and not much of a clean machine.

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

You have some of the most eclectic purchases here. Mesa plus 7strings sounds like a lot of fun!

Yeah, my friends tell me the same thing. I just really love multiple styles of music. I can never really decide where my gear should be, although I'm considering a twin again. Casters make it useable, and you can get a vintage one pretty cheap, and toss in some money for pedals. 

The Mesa is pretty cool, but I don't know how to EQ it for anything other than TEH BR00TZ. The clean channel is pretty **** snappy too. I like it.

The 7-string is a "Davison". Some cheap offbrand. The guitar and pickups are of pretty great quality. Don't really even need to swap them. Gives it a nice djenty toan. Think Periphery and Born of Osiris. the floyd however, is ****. Barely stays in tune. I'd be better off blocking it, although I just learned to do dive-bombs and the like.

• Members

I"m really in to silverface Bassmans. I'd like to have one modded with a master volume on the guitar channel to run it dirty, and no MV on the bass channel to run that clean, so I can have them around the same volumes.

That's what I don't like about independent channel amps. Even with a MV, the dirt channel will be much louder than the clean channel.

Archived