OLP Tin Top Machine Man McSwain - DONT BOTHER !!!!!

Trustinmee

• Members

Hi....

This guitar is an overpriced liability....

Just because it has Mcswains name attached to it means that you will pay top price for something that is not worth the money paid for it. The quality is OLP therefore....not of a very good standard.

Also if something breaks on it especially where it can be seen....where do you get an original replacement part for something so niche ???? Which means you have to put non original parts on it...which then makes the guitar worthless as a collectable.

Those who bought one new and wrapped it in cotton wool and never played it wont ever get there money back and those buying it secondhand have a guitar that will never hold its price......

My advice never buy one of these second hand unless it is 100% original or you have thrown your money down the drain !!!!!

YOU have been warned....

TRUSTINMEE

• Members

Its not anger.....I just dont like seeing people ripped off especillay if they are NEW to guitaring...

There are loads of guitars like the OLP Tin Top that are CHEAPO quality and the only way they can sell them is to gimmick them up....and pay people to endorse them who should know better !!!! But as Bill Hicks said " Its all about the money " !!!!!

Its a bit like cheap cars that can't compete with quality ones and so use flash gimmicks to sucker people in...in the end they are a false economy and you end up with something that always lets you down and would costs loads to put right. 

Investing in a quality brand guitar that may cost a bit more will always be more enjoyable, more reliable and hold more value if you sell it...

Name me one top line guitarist who plays an OLP Tin Top as there main guitar ???

• Members

ajympt wrote:

That's a lot of anger directed at a cheap
discontinued
guitar....

OLP doesn't even exist anymore. I don't see a lot of them around anymore outside of the MM1 in my rack in my livingroom. The MM1s were fantastic guitars, though.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I bought this for under a $100 and it's great to hang on the living room wall.  Every time we have a party of guitar players over it's a big conversation piece.  Well worth the hundy.  It sucks as a guitar, but it's still way cool.

L.

• Members

Welcome to the forum!  Seems like you picked an appropriate screen name, considering your first post is a warning to all of us not to buy a discontinued guitar.  It's customary around here for new members to post some pictures of their gear.  So bring it on.

Archived