NGD: a luxury 335-model

P. Hubbs

• Members

Yamaha really need a kick in the nuts for not promoting their wares. These 2200's S(B)G's and other higher end guitars are so good, at far more reasonable prices compared to other well-known brands, yet they're unknown to many or overlooked by those who are only aware of their cheaper gear, and they're so difficult to get hold off.

• Members

P. Hubbs wrote:

Ah, your's a violin burst too? May I ask if you know when the sa2200 model was introduced?

Must have been when they stopped producing the SA2000 (though I heard of a 2100 model but that's exceedingly rare). Just a guess, early 90's?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Jkater: if so the former owner has changed the tuners on my guitar.

Onelife: of course I could adjust.the height of the pickups. But I'm actually very satisfied with the "modern" sound the guitar has now. It has a long sustain, which often goes over to controlled feedback. Ah, beautiful!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Now I have checked and adjusted everything on my SA2200. I have even polished the ebony fretboard with some furniture polish to get it seriously black. ;)

This weekend I adjusted the trossrod slightly; seems to be a wellbuilt guitar, everything is working properly

I also checked the backside of the pickups. Since the former owner changed to Grover tuners, perhaps he changed the pickups too, since they sound so good? But no: the pickups had no number or logo, the backsides were just plain.

Anyone who knows how the Yamaha Alnico V pickups looks on the backside?

I know that Jkater changed his pickups a while ago:do you remember if thay had any logo or number on the backside?

Archived