Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: a luxury 335-model

It

Very sweet.  HNGD.

Vintage Sunburst Epi Dot Dlx: Seth Lover set | Red MIM Strat: Tonerider City Limits set; Deaf Eddie Fat-O-Caster switch | 3TS Classic Vibe 60s Strat: Deaf Eddie Chromacaster switch | Ibanez SZ520QM: Dimarzio Bluesbucker & Air Zone | Fender Sonoran Bucket acoustic-electric | Fender Super Champ XD: Eminence Ragin' Cajun; JJ Tubes | Fender G-Dec III 30: Eminence Ragin' Cajun

Comment

• Strung_Out
      Strung_Out commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice! Congrats!

Wow! That's hot. Congratulations!
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

• skybluegary
      skybluegary commented
      Editing a comment
      Result! Yamaha FTW!

Classy !

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Fender-TeleSonic Tele Elite, ProJr, 75Amp, '67 Bassman w/212 cab<br />
    Gretsch- 71 Nashville, 2003 New Nashville<br />
    Gibson- 76 LP '55 model<br />
    BC Rich- 1977 Koa Eagle deluxe<br />
    Martin- 1972 D-35<br />
    Mesa Boogie-Subway Blues w/12&quot; EVM 12L-F cab.<br />
    Assorted fun toys and boxes of joy.<br />
    &quot;Many are cold, few are frozen&quot;</font></div>

Comment

• FrankenSteinberger
      FrankenSteinberger commented
      Editing a comment

Very nice--does one just walk into a guitar shop (in the USA) and buy one of those, or must it be ordered from overseas?

That is just flat gorgeous!  Congratulations!

Two types of people you don't want to argue with.... geniuses and fools. .....it helps if you can tell the difference.

Comment

• P. Hubbs
      P. Hubbs commented
      Editing a comment

In my opinion it has everything an ES 355 has, except the price tag.

Sometimes these can be found at Ebay in the US. They

Fantastic.

I have one in brown burst. It is an excellent guitar in every respect.

Comment

• P. Hubbs
      P. Hubbs commented
      Editing a comment

Brown bursts looks very nice, too.

I would love to play one of those someday. I've only heard good things about them. Big congrats!
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>Information is not knowledge<br />
    Knowledge is not wisdom<br />
    Wisdom is not truth<br />
    Truth is not beauty<br />
    Beauty is not love<br />
    Love is not music.<br />
    Music Is The Best.</i><br />
    <br />
    - Frank Zappa</div>

Comment

I'm currently lusting/saving for a 335. Your Yamaha is beautiful! Congrats!

Comment

I will post some sound clips with the SA2200 with my band PHUB as soon as possible.
        (P . Hiubbs - PHUB).

Comment

• P. Hubbs
          P. Hubbs commented
          Editing a comment

Perhaps it will take some time before I can post a clip with me playing the guitar. So here

Ah, your's a violin burst too? May I ask if you know when the sa2200 model was introduced?

Comment

• hardtdc
          hardtdc commented
          Editing a comment

Yummy!

• Jkater
          Jkater commented
          Editing a comment

P. Hubbs wrote:

Ah, your's a violin burst too? May I ask if you know when the sa2200 model was introduced?

Must have been when they stopped producing the SA2000 (though I heard of a 2100 model but that's exceedingly rare). Just a guess, early 90's?

P. Hubbs wrote:

It

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        "If you play guitar, you are a friend."

"Ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country."

Comment

The most drool-worthy Yamaha for sure. I would love to play one of those, but I've never seen one in person. HNGD!
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• skybluegary
            skybluegary commented
            Editing a comment
            Yamaha really need a kick in the nuts for not promoting their wares. These 2200's S(B)G's and other higher end guitars are so good, at far more reasonable prices compared to other well-known brands, yet they're unknown to many or overlooked by those who are only aware of their cheaper gear, and they're so difficult to get hold off.

Jkater: if so the former owner has changed the tuners on my guitar.

Onelife: of course I could adjust.the height of the pickups. But I'm actually very satisfied with the "modern" sound the guitar has now. It has a long sustain, which often goes over to controlled feedback. Ah, beautiful!

Comment

• P. Hubbs
            P. Hubbs commented
            Editing a comment

Now I have checked and adjusted everything on my SA2200. I have even polished the ebony fretboard with some furniture polish to get it seriously black. 

This weekend I adjusted the trossrod slightly; seems to be a wellbuilt guitar, everything is working properly

I also checked the backside of the pickups. Since the former owner changed to Grover tuners, perhaps he changed the pickups too, since they sound so good? But no: the pickups had no number or logo, the backsides were just plain.

Anyone who knows how the Yamaha Alnico V pickups looks on the backside?

I know that Jkater changed his pickups a while ago:do you remember if thay had any logo or number on the backside?

Working...
        X