Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOW ME YOUR FLYING Vs!!!!

Please feed my sudden and inexplicable Flying V GAS. Im seriously considering blowing off my Uber-Tele project for a while and buying one of these from Zzounds. Im totally bored with all my old guitars and I need a new guitar now.

$999 and I can get it with a few mothly payments with their reverse-lay-away. :cat:

.png" alt=":smileysad:" title="Smiley Sad" />

Comment

I don't have a V...
      Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• BydoEmpire
        BydoEmpire commented
        Editing a comment

I don't own it, but a few years ago when I was shopping for a Les Paul I really liked the 50th anniversary V.  It played great, and looks amazing.  I played a couple other lower-end Vs and they didn't click with me, but this one was great.  Probably good I didn't buy it at the time, as a few months later I noticed they were selling for about $600 less than when I was looking.

50th V

Attached Files

• The Rover
        The Rover commented
        Editing a comment

kayd_mon wrote:
        I don't have a V...

Well go get a pic off the internet and pretend its yours. We have to work a little harder here if we wanna get this forum going again.  .. :catwink:

Here you go!

Here's my 97' Gibson Flying V!

CIMG1609.JPG

Bought it used, with some EMG's installed, broken electronics, and tuners.

Sold the EMG's, made the guitar passive, installed Seymour Duncan Slash Alnico II Pro's, and Tonepros Kluson tuners. That's the guitar you see in the picture.

Attached Files
      Follow Me on Twitter.com! : www.twitter.com/OsvyTorres

Comment

• Bucksstudent
        Bucksstudent commented
        Editing a comment
        Memphis Headstock photo MemphisHeadstock_zps1b19f245.jpg

I only have the headstock for now. It's beautiful.

• The Rover
        The Rover commented
        Editing a comment

O.G.T.V. wrote:

Here you go!

Here's my 97' Gibson Flying V!

CIMG1609.JPG

Bought it used, with some EMG's installed, broken electronics, and tuners.

Sold the EMG's, made the guitar passive, installed Seymour Duncan Slash Alnico II Pro's, and Tonepros Kluson tuners. That's the guitar you see in the picture.

Nice! I assume you've gotten used to playing it sitting down. How do you do it? WIth your right leg resting between the points?

Attached Files

I suspect that this one was a Vintage at one point, but I rebuilt it out of necessity. Went with an 80s heavy metal look, purely because the idea appealed. 

Flying V

Attached Files
      Originally Posted by Fork Man

The answer is, of course, onions.

Originally Posted by MyNameIsMok...

Blasphemer! I'll bite your nipples off.

Originally Posted by nicholai

All guitars suck. Except for mine. They rock.

Comment

I think I see a floating jazz-style pickup there. It looks really interesting.
        Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Working...
        X