Ritchie Blackmore - gypsy?

Ritchie_88

• Members

I am a really big Ritchie Blackmore fan and I have been wondering for a while if Ritchie Blackmore is a gypsy? I mean, there are several Deep Purple, Rainbow and Blackmore's Night songs that have a title about gypsies or some words in the lyrics. And every Deep Purple song related to gypsies have been recorded during the time Blackmore has been in Deep Purple.

Do anyone know anything about this, if Blackmore in anyway is related to gypsies?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I wanted serious answers and no comic situations, I was really wondering if anyone knew anything about if he is gypsy or not?

From what i have read no. I don't think he has gypsy blood in him. His writing is influenced by many different styles including some that you could call gypsy. Like i said he was very influenced by a real gypsy named Django.

• Members
There is no such thing as a Gypsy... It's just a moniker applied to traveling entertainers with no conventional merits toward making a honest living. I myself am a Cyber Gypsy and cavort with Werewolves...

Steve Hillage hates you.

• Members

There are indeed gypsies, all over eastern Europe. They are technically called Roma but the locals call them gypsies. My wife is Bulgarian and when we go home we go to the gypsy markets.

So technically NOT Gypsies... Otherwise they would originally be from Gypsydiana... Though it is said in their capital called Shipshewana you can buy a fake Rolex only get your arm cut off for it later...

Archived