X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-90 soapbars in hollowbody archtop.

How are these P-90's supported in this Dean Palomino full hollowbody?

How are they internally supported?

palominogn4.jpg

Attached Files

There has to be a block under it of some sort.
    We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

Could the block be glued under the top, leaving space underneath it and the back of the guitar, making still "fully" hollow?
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• J Backlund
        J Backlund commented
        Editing a comment

I am leaning towards a wooden structure or 'block' glued to the guitar's top, but it's a very uneducated guess.

I really like this very clean pickup mounting setup for a full hollowbody.

If I was making it, I woulda glued a small block to the back tht I could screw into. Not sure how you'd do it from the top, as there needs to be some space there.

Comment

• J Backlund
        J Backlund commented
        Editing a comment

I just noticed that in the photo I posted, it almost appears that the bridge P-90 is 'floating', and the other two are coming through fitted cutouts in the top. I must be wrong about that, but it looks that way.

That's what it looks like. If the strings are high enough, you could screw it straight to the top. It'd still need a hole underneath for the protruding guts.

Comment

• allthumz
        allthumz commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm guessing a routed block underneath the opening and the pickup is screwed to that. The depth of the block and its routing depends on the pickup position.

Just a guess though.
    Working...
    X