The Rogue

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Grantus

View Post

But why would you want the Slash tone?

Because some people never create anything, they just copy what has been done before. I had a band in high school (the 80's) and we were all into different kinds of pop/rock and what became "alternative" - but my guitarist was OBSESSED with Andy Summers (and the Police) and he wouldn't (or couldn't) write a song to save his life or come up with arrangement ideas because he spent ALL of his time trying to replicate Summers on everything from albums to obscure live performances and side projects- even down to acquiring vintage Echoplexes and all... I understand "hero worship" to a point, but for me, the whole point was always to use that as a launching pad - not a destination.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BryanMichael

View Post

Because some people never create anything, they just copy what has been done before. I had a band in high school (the 80's) and we were all into different kinds of pop/rock and what became "alternative" - but my guitarist was OBSESSED with Andy Summers (and the Police) and he wouldn't (or couldn't) write a song to save his life or come up with arrangement ideas because he spent ALL of his time trying to replicate Summers on everything from albums to obscure live performances and side projects- even down to acquiring vintage Echoplexes and all... I understand "hero worship" to a point, but for me, the whole point was always to use that as a launching pad - not a destination.

I dont understand why all people view it from this perspective brah. Just because I nailed the Slash tone doesnt mean I dont have my own tone. The point is I just nailed one of the most sought after tones in history

• Members

It does sound quite a bit like Slash's tone. And the mechanics of most of the playing is pretty solid. I would say you need to keep working on your bends and perhaps add in a bit of vibrato. There isn't tons of vibrato on the original, but it IS there and it's what makes those sustained notes a bit more bearable.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cratz2

View Post

It does sound quite a bit like Slash's tone. And the mechanics of most of the playing is pretty solid. I would say you need to keep working on your bends and perhaps add in a bit of vibrato. There isn't tons of vibrato on the original, but it IS there and it's what makes those sustained notes a bit more bearable.

I know my playing isnt perfect brah, I never claimed it is. I'm only claiming I nailed the tone

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mac_C View Post
Ah, yes. You pulled this over at The Gear Page a few days ago and got banned. Here's to better luck at HC!
The second thread about this made me think he might be a troll.

It's great to get a sound that you're chasing, if that's your thing. That's why a lot of people buy sig models or other gear - to get famous players' tones. For me, a neck pickup plus overdrive is close enough to play the lead lines for a GNR cover. It even works ok using a Strat. To each his/her own.

Oh, and if the OP is a troll that got kicked out of another forum for being generally idiotic, then let's hope he doesn't last long.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Rogue

View Post

Ask the many people who post threads like "How do I get the Slash tone" brah, it is one of the most sought after tones in history

I guess if you're after generic, 25-year-old hard-rock tone, you've got it nailed. Bravo.

Archived