Harmony Central Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about lessons?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do you feel about lessons?

    I'm mostly self taught and have taken a few lessons.  The problem is, that whole teacher/student thing has some pretty wild dynamics which can get quite intimate.  As a result, I always seem to end up sleeping with the teacher, female or male.  Then, the whole teacher/student thing is lost and the relationship turns into a torrid affair for a couple of weeks and eventually tapers off into nothing.  Anybody else find this?

    <br>Good deals: Wolfbane20, Briantime, badshawn6060, tweedledee, vidiot72, Corpsegrinder88, BozzOfAngels, GibsonVMan

  • #2
    Sounds like you get more for your money out of your lessons
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

    Comment


    • billybilly
      billybilly commented
      Editing a comment

      kayd_mon wrote:
      Sounds like you get more for your money out of your lessons

      I suppose you could look at it that way but I'm getting worn out, emotionally.  I'm feeling pretty used actually, like some kind of countertransferance or something.  I don't think I'll be looking for anymore lessons either.  Come to think of it, my mates grandfather wanted to teach me some old blues licks, no thanks.


  • #3
    Pass. Now if it was his sister, then maybe?
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

    Comment


    • billybilly
      billybilly commented
      Editing a comment

      kayd_mon wrote:
      Pass. Now if it was his sister, then maybe?

      Not in this case because his sister is his mother too, long story, their Tazmanian.


  • #4
    Has it improved your technique?
    Don't pick a fight with an old man,
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.


    '' Who, me Officer?''

    Comment


    • #5

      i had a singing lesson with a hot woman once... she asked me to sing, and in the middle of it she was so moved she burst out crying and ran out of the room.... i knew then and there my voice had made her want me... so i took off my pants and waited for her to return.... when she came back she told me a bee had flown in the window and stung her on the arm... "oh" .. i said... "shall we do some scales then"... "no... i think it's time for the police" she replied.... "cool... ROOOXXXAAAAANNNE" i started to belt out when her husband came in and threw me out

      freaks, i tell ya

      Comment


      • Meeloshxyz
        Meeloshxyz commented
        Editing a comment

        Good thread, would read again.


      • billybilly
        billybilly commented
        Editing a comment

        mistersully wrote:

        i had a singing lesson with a hot woman once... she asked me to sing, and in the middle of it she was so moved she burst out crying and ran out of the room.... i knew then and there my voice had made her want me... so i took off my pants and waited for her to return.... when she came back she told me a bee had flown in the window and stung her on the arm... "oh" .. i said... "shall we do some scales then"... "no... i think it's time for the police" she replied.... "cool... ROOOXXXAAAAANNNE" i started to belt out when her husband came in and threw me out

        freaks, i tell ya


        lol I knew someone would have had similar experience, to some degree anyway.  


    • #6

      Cool! Nice to read something funny that is not at anyone on this forums' expense. Internet humor usually s*cks,

      Comment


      • #7
        @mistersully

        You should have gone with "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

        Comment


        • The Rover
          The Rover commented
          Editing a comment

          I was gonna say "waste of money", but sounds like your teachers have been much more hands on.


      • #8

        What are these "lessons" you speak of?  Never taken one, which may explain both why my playing doesn't sound much like your typical guitarist, and also why I'm limited by not having a bunch of basic building blocks in my repertoire.

        Comment


        • #9

          Sounds like your issue really has nothing to do with "lessons."   I've had lessons from a number of teachers over the years, and never had the slightest inclination to sleep with any of them.  Maybe you should "relieve" yourself before going to the lesson.

          Two types of people you don't want to argue with.... geniuses and fools. .....it helps if you can tell the difference.

          Comment


          • #10
            Lol! Don't go to lessons fully loaded!
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

            Comment


            • #11

              billybilly wrote:

              I'm mostly self taught and have taken a few lessons.  The problem is, that whole teacher/student thing has some pretty wild dynamics which can get quite intimate.  As a result, I always seem to end up sleeping with the teacher, female or male.  Then, the whole teacher/student thing is lost and the relationship turns into a torrid affair for a couple of weeks and eventually tapers off into nothing.  Anybody else find this?


              You know just maybe, if you put some clothes on and quit playing the guitar naked these things wouldn't happen

              Comment


              • billybilly
                billybilly commented
                Editing a comment

                gardo wrote:

                billybilly wrote:

                I'm mostly self taught and have taken a few lessons.  The problem is, that whole teacher/student thing has some pretty wild dynamics which can get quite intimate.  As a result, I always seem to end up sleeping with the teacher, female or male.  Then, the whole teacher/student thing is lost and the relationship turns into a torrid affair for a couple of weeks and eventually tapers off into nothing.  Anybody else find this?


                You know just maybe, if you put some clothes on and quit playing the guitar naked these things wouldn't happen


                Nice one. .png" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />

            Working...
            X