No announcement yet.

My Flying V is on the Way!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Flying V is on the Way!!

" id="smiley" src="https://guitarcenter.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16\_smiley-.png" alt=":smiley:" title="Smiley Very Happy" />

:cat:

:robot:

:manlol:

Almost NGD. This is a momentous occasion for me. This is my first Gibson, not counting my Melody Maker and the LP Special I had to send back. Im really excited. .

Gibson2.jpg

Attached Files

Cool. Congratulations and Happy (Pending) New Guitar Day. V's aren't for me but I hope you love yours to death.

Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Member of the Schecter Society
    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

• The Rover
      The Rover commented
      Editing a comment

Thanks. The biggest complaint I hear from people is that they're hard to play sitting down. Just about every V enthusiast say you get used to it, and they can even become their favorite guitar to play sitting down. You have to rest your leg between the two back horns which puts the neck at about a 40 degree angle. It is a little awkward but I imagine I'll get used to it and I don't mind standing up while I jam, especially in front of a mirror.

Two of my favorite guitar tones, though miles apart sylistically, are played on a V. Albert King's MAJOR Blues tone, and Michael Schenker's beautiful Rock tone.

Comment

• realtree71
      realtree71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice, what color? Pics when u get it.

Real nice! I believe it's ebony color. http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBDSVR
    It really looks like it has the specs of the ''old ones''. I got a 97 V!
    ENJOY IT!
    Follow Me on Twitter.com! : www.twitter.com/OsvyTorres

Comment

• The Rover
      The Rover commented
      Editing a comment

Thanks. Yes its ebony. That was the only color they had left in stock and the color I wanted anyway. Free ground shipping but its only coming from Nevada so it should be here fast. Ill post plenty of pics when I get it. I really hope theres nothing wrong with it. " id="man" src="https://guitarcenter.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_man-.png" alt=":man:" title="Man Very Happy" />

Awesome! Pics when you get it!

Don't some Vs have a rubber strip on the bottom edge that makes it rest normally when you play it sitting? Also, you can always use a strap set really high.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• Malfunction
      Malfunction commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!
      Damn you for relighting my gas just a couple of days after my NGD......

Working...
X