May 2013 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS Options

Frets99

Post all hot deals here, but no SPAM. SPAM is for the other thread. This is for insane blow out deals that you find online and want to share with your fellow GASsers.

If you see a blowout on Music123 on Les Pauls for $99, yes, this is where you post that info, etc.

You can post eBay links you see too, but the eBay links have to be Buy It Nows, not something that is at $1 and still has 10 days left in the auction.

The RULES:

1) NO CRAIGSLIST POSTS IN THIS THREAD!

2) NO WHINING ABOUT DISCUSSIONS IN THE THREAD!

Last month we tried a separate discussion thread, but it's just too cumbersome to have a separate thread, so there won't be one anymore.

From my observations, the majority of people like to talk about the deals in order to decide if they want to buy something. There's typically just a few loud members constantly complaining about the discussions. As long as the discussions are related to the item in question, then the discussion can stay in this thread. If someone starts whining and causes a big flame war about "too much talking" they are going to get a temp ban. Everybody participating in any flame war in this thread will get a temp ban. Just behave yourselves! There is more to life than this internet thready thing.

3) All new deals must be posted in RED! Or at least the TITLE OF THE DEAL.

That will help people be able to filter though the pages of discussion and the actual deal posts will pop right out.

4) Your personal SPAM is not allowed in this thread. If you post SPAM in here, you will get a temp ban. Then no one will be able to buy your crappy gear.

I repeat - NO SPAM in this thread. That means NO TRADES, NO OFFERS, no selling or getting rid of your own stuff. There's one SPAM thread already for that stuff.

And as, alway: there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

If you buy something in the hot deals thread, and you love it, or hate it, or it bit you in the ass, then post a separate thread about it, this thread ain't for heated discussion.

Bring em if ya got em!

Please, no political discussions.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

buckethead99 wrote:

Zoom G2.1MA Michael Amott Signature Edition Pedal 74.00
This is already up sorry,,,Delete it.

Finally recieved this from Avalive.  The unit was new in an unopen box, so no complaints there.  Avalive was fast to charge my credit card and didn't shipped until 5 days latter and they never directly emailed me, so points off for that.

The unit has a small, cool form factor--could be part of a grab and go setup.  I have'nt had much time to play with it--the stock effects so far are over the top.  If it were up to me, the first bank of effects of any multieffect pedal would be reserved and basic, not the tricked-out, gee-whiz stuff that almost never gets used.

• Members

This is a great opportunity if you order oversize, heavy or just want one inexpensive item, here's some of my picks:

snark

Snark SN-1 $9 shipped

tweed

Tweed Pro Series Fender Start / Tele case $84 shipped

black

Black Pro Series Fender Strat Tele case $84 shipped

Editorial note: There have been several good deals lately that were just too damn much hassle to post from my iPad (no way to format anything, no way to add pics, no way to use the quote function,  nothing is cut and paste).  So I have to wait until I'm not using iOS and by that time who gives a f**k. I use a tablet to surf more than 95\% of the time.  Way to go to make the new format mobile-hostile, it really shows you know who your customer base is.

Now it seems that the new format has just as much server downtime as the old one.  This post took me three hours from when I originally found it to post.  In a lot of cases, the items will be gone by the time you have to jump through the hoops to post it here.

I'm not a conspiracy theory nutcase, but if you were a big mega-etailer and you wanted to suppress price competiton and lost business to other etailers, then what they have done to HCEGF is a pretty good textbook case.   

• Members

When was the last time any of you guys got a pricematch to work at M123? The form doesn't ever work for me anymore, you fill it out and hit submit, then it just goes gray and never loads the "thank you for submitting" page. I also never get a response, so I'm sure my PMs are not going through. I saw a post where one of their reps said it was a firewall issue in response to someone else complaining, but it really isn't. I haven't changed a thing lately and used to be able to submit requests all the time.

Yeah I can call, but sometimes you don't feel like it.

• Members

Just a heads up... Bestbuy is closing all their musical instrument locations, and their blowing out a lot of stuff. I just got a Fender Pawn Shop Mustang for $399.99, and there are still a few other guitars they have to consider (Fender, Schecter, Hagstrom). Check it out before their gone

• Members

D-log wrote:

Just a heads up... Bestbuy is closing all their musical instrument locations, and their blowing out a lot of stuff. I just got a Fender Pawn Shop Mustang for $399.99, and there are still a few other guitars they have to consider (Fender, Schecter, Hagstrom). Check it out before their gone

Yes this is the slowest closeout in history. Its been going on since March. Pretty slim pickins locally.  I think they are pretty close to dismantling the corner of my local store to convert it into the Samsung store. I think if you find something at your local store, they are willing to deal for deep discounts, except for strings for some odd reason.

Archived