Everyone who "left" are welcome back..

Jkater

• Members

I just want to send an invitation to those who have decided to leave for whatever valid reasons they had. Just pointing out that things change and evolve. Or new understanding is granted. Whatever. It transpires that this place is only as good as the folks who populate it. So we need you guys. Only the cynicals will make fun of your returning if you decide to come back and help bring this place back where you want it. (and the cynicals don't count).

Welcome back in advance.

• Members

Jkater wrote:

I just want to send an invitation to those who have decided to leave for whatever valid reasons they had. Just pointing out that things change and evolve. Or new understanding is granted. Whatever. It transpires that this place is only as good as the folks who populate it. So we need you guys. Only the cynicals will make fun of your returning if you decide to come back and help bring this place back where you want it. (and the cynicals don't count).

Welcome back in advance.

couldn't agree more

• Members

I never left though I am much less active because there is much less to be active about.  Maybe that will change and maybe it won't.   I'd like to see this place as lively as it used to be but it has been in decline with all the stability issues and even with it being stable now the change in software put some off (personally I'm not a fan but I have bigger things to worry about) and the changes put others (the recent PG13 rating). 

As long as I see familiar names around and good posts I'll stay around but if not then unlike Neil suggests I won't burn out but I'll fade away

• Members

Only time will tell.
I am unconvinced that we can go home and that there is a better future if we do.
The skill in running forums is how you do it, ie with a firm but subtle touch. Its a skill like being a good shopkeeper or bar tender.
The result of heavy hands cannot be reversed by a list of what good stuff has been done in the past by their owners.

So I shall continue to drop in and drop stuff in threads from time to time if moved to do so.

Who knows, the casual date may lead to a deeper relationship later but its a bit like dating your ex.

Meanwhile I have giftwrapped a couple of Katoeys that work in the massage parlour down my street. I airmailed them just now so you should get them in three or four weeks time. Their names are Big Toy and Lek.

• Members

Thank you, Dave.

You're a positive force here and if we could multiply that by however many people ready to just enjoy the place, who knows how great this board can become again? Same good wine, just a different shape of a glass.

• Members

I wondered what had happend. Been busy with life and the cycle of other hobbies taking first place. Guitar had cycled back to the front and this place is a ghost town. Did everyone go to a different forum?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Archived