Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone who "left" are welcome back..

I just want to send an invitation to those who have decided to leave for whatever valid reasons they had. Just pointing out that things change and evolve. Or new understanding is granted. Whatever. It transpires that this place is only as good as the folks who populate it. So we need you guys. Only the cynicals will make fun of your returning if you decide to come back and help bring this place back where you want it. (and the cynicals don't count).

Welcome back in advance.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

+1
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

They can come back only if they bring me a fatty and a beer.
      We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

• DaveAronow
        DaveAronow commented
        Editing a comment

And.hookers. Don't forget the hookers.

Jkater wrote:

I just want to send an invitation to those who have decided to leave for whatever valid reasons they had. Just pointing out that things change and evolve. Or new understanding is granted. Whatever. It transpires that this place is only as good as the folks who populate it. So we need you guys. Only the cynicals will make fun of your returning if you decide to come back and help bring this place back where you want it. (and the cynicals don't count).

Welcome back in advance.

couldn't agree more

Comment

And blow. Enough for everyone.

Comment

• nuke_diver
          nuke_diver commented
          Editing a comment

I never left though I am much less active because there is much less to be active about.  Maybe that will change and maybe it won't.   I'd like to see this place as lively as it used to be but it has been in decline with all the stability issues and even with it being stable now the change in software put some off (personally I'm not a fan but I have bigger things to worry about) and the changes put others (the recent PG13 rating). 

As long as I see familiar names around and good posts I'll stay around but if not then unlike Neil suggests I won't burn out but I'll fade away

I still pop in once and a while
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font size="5">FREE BATOTMAN</font></b><br />
        <br />
        <br />
        1955 Tele Partsocaster Korina <font color="Orange">Amber</font><br />
        2007 Carvin V220 <font color="SeaGreen">Green </font>Machine<br />
        1983 Gibson Custom Shop Edition Schenker reject<br />
        1989 Fender Telecaster Custom Deluxe Ultra<br />
        1968 Fender Telecaster<br />
        2007 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass<br />
        1997 Fender <font color="Magenta">Pink</font> Paisley<br />
        <br />
        59 Fender Bassman<br />
        Marshall JCM 800<br />
        Marshall Studio 15<br />
        Marshall 1976<br />
        Marshall<font color="Silver"> Silver</font> Jubilee<br />
        <font color="DarkOrange">Orange</font> Tiny Terror<br />
        <font color="Orange">Orange</font> Rocker 30<br />
        Carvin Vintage 16<br />
        <br />
        <a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=892909" target="_blank">http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=892909</a><br />
        <br />
        <b><font color="Yellow"><font size="4">SURVIVOR</font></font></b></div>

Comment

• P. Hubbs
          P. Hubbs commented
          Editing a comment

Left? I just arrived.

• Kelly
          Kelly commented
          Editing a comment

Hi

Still waiting for the hookers.

Comment

• JoeBoy
          JoeBoy commented
          Editing a comment

Dead Hookers not acceptable.

People who use the word douche typically are, in my experience... thankfully you're different.

I don't notice much of a difference here, after the big freakout.

Comment

• Doctor49
          Doctor49 commented
          Editing a comment
          Only time will tell.
          I am unconvinced that we can go home and that there is a better future if we do.
          The skill in running forums is how you do it, ie with a firm but subtle touch. Its a skill like being a good shopkeeper or bar tender.
          The result of heavy hands cannot be reversed by a list of what good stuff has been done in the past by their owners.

So I shall continue to drop in and drop stuff in threads from time to time if moved to do so.

Who knows, the casual date may lead to a deeper relationship later but its a bit like dating your ex.

Meanwhile I have giftwrapped a couple of Katoeys that work in the massage parlour down my street. I airmailed them just now so you should get them in three or four weeks time. Their names are Big Toy and Lek.

Doctor49:
        Who knows, the casual date may lead to a deeper relationship later but its a bit like dating your ex.
        ---------------------
        LOL!
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>Information is not knowledge<br />
        Knowledge is not wisdom<br />
        Wisdom is not truth<br />
        Truth is not beauty<br />
        Beauty is not love<br />
        Love is not music.<br />
        Music Is The Best.</i><br />
        <br />
        - Frank Zappa</div>

Comment

• Lonnie99
          Lonnie99 commented
          Editing a comment
          The biggest change I've noticed is in the For Sale forums. 6 months ago it was a great place to buy and sell with ads dropping to page 3-4 by the end of the day. Now an ad stays on page one for over a week.

• BlueSky1963
          BlueSky1963 commented
          Editing a comment

Enjoy the quite while you can!   Most of the troublemakers seem to be over at TGP stinking things up.

Im staying, see what happens. As long as there is a core group of my friends here and interesting people, of which you are both, Richard, I'll still be around. Hopefully we can get the place hopping again.

"You´╗┐ people keep on raining. I'll still be the parade." - Diamond Dave.

TO HEAR MY COUNTRY BAND: ADRIAN RAY, click THIS or this

Official endorsee of:Breedlove Guitars

http://www.ghsstrings.com

http://www.rocktron.com

http://www.monsterenergy.com/

Myspace.com-Dave Aronow

Comment

• Jkater
          Jkater commented
          Editing a comment

Thank you, Dave.

You're a positive force here and if we could multiply that by however many people ready to just enjoy the place, who knows how great this board can become again? Same good wine, just a different shape of a glass.

No way I can date my ex. They're all dead for some strange reason.
        Now excuse me. I need to go find a new shovel.

Comment

I wondered what had happend. Been busy with life and the cycle of other hobbies taking first place. Guitar had cycled back to the front and this place is a ghost town. Did everyone go to a different forum?
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Arial Black">proud member EPIPHONE EMPIRE</font><br />
          --Epiphone Elitist les paul plain top with Kahler, Planet waves locking tuners.<br />
          --Carvin ls175 kahler steeler dimarzio pro track, carvin ap11, tobe zone s<br />
          --traynor ycv50 blue</div>

Comment

I never left but I'll come back when Batotman comes back!

I also want my $99 Zakk Wylde LP and toy motorcycle dammit!

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=33100739&amp;postcount=224" target="_blank">&gt;&gt;&gt;Click here for my list of smooooov deals!&lt;&lt;&lt;</a><br />
            <br />
            Maybe you oughta go &quot;like&quot; my ****************ty cover band on Facebook? ----&gt; <a href="https://www.facebook.com/BigEscape#!/BigEscape" target="_blank"><font color="#FF0000">Click Me Please</font></a></div>

Comment

• A_Gitarman
              A_Gitarman commented
              Editing a comment

rog951 wrote:

I also want my $99 Zakk Wylde LP and toy motorcycle dammit!

What?  You didn't get yours?  I thought that Chad had that all sorted out.

I can't seem to find my old account. I had been on here starting around '08

Ehhhh ......read the sticky

Comment

Don't pick a fight with an old man,
              If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

'' Who, me Officer?''

Comment

Working...
              X