buy it?... don't buy it?

mistersully

• Members

I have a feeling this guy  could take a cardboard box and some rubber bands and make it sound good.

Still a cool guitar to add to a collection but not for my only guitar.

I think you have a collection so go buy it

• Members

so i have the guitar at home with me to take for a spin

unfortunately it has some issues... the neck is slighly bowed forward, and there's no truss rod in these old things.... it's currently got pretty light gauge strings on it, but i'd want to us at least 11s as i'd be playing slide with it quite a bit

intonation is all over the place

my intention, if i bought it, would be to play the hell out of it... i wouldn't be precious with it, so the first thing i'd do is put a tune-o-matic bridge on it (i was even considering a bigsby)

it sounds great though... just really cool

at this stage i'm pretty sure it's going back

• Members

mistersully wrote:

so i have the guitar at home with me to take for a spin

unfortunately it has some issues... the neck is slighly bowed forward, and there's no truss rod in these old things.... it's currently got pretty light gauge strings on it, but i'd want to us at least 11s as i'd be playing slide with it quite a bit

intonation is all over the place

my intention, if i bought it, would be to play the hell out of it... i wouldn't be precious with it, so the first thing i'd do is put a tune-o-matic bridge on it (i was even considering a bigsby)

it sounds great though... just really cool

at this stage i'm pretty sure it's going back

The bow with no adjustable TR means you can correct it at the next refret (reshaping the fretbord)... Expensive and has to be done very much right. Hum.. 

• Members

I love Nationals and Supros and the like, but a bowed, non-adjustable neck would probably be the end of my considering it. Well, O.K., I'd probably think about it for a long time and consider clamping and steaming it, removing the fretboard and installing a truss rod, replacement neck, blah, blah, blah....

Archived