X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best battery-powered amp for busking

Any recommendations on a battery-powered amp for busking on the street?

Ive tried them all

at this hour I like the Fender Mustang Mini

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-mustang-mini-7w-1x6.5-battery-powered-guitar-combo-amp
    http://www.vguitarforums.com

Comment

Crate Limo, either 15 or 30 watt handles an instrument and microphone

These just for guitar
      Fender Mustang Mini
      Vox Mini 3
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      "If you play guitar, you are a friend."

"Ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country."

Comment

http://www.pignoseamps.com/showdetail.php?id=254

Comment

i have no experience with one, but it seems the "Official NYC Subway Busker's Amp" is the aforementioned Crate.
          The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

The pignose have the best tone out of the portables I've heard for batter operation.
            If its just so you can hear youself play, those ciggerette amps have great battery life.
            They are lound enough to drive a guitar cab in a pinch too. I had a buddy playing out and he smoked his amp.

I happend to have a ciggerette amp in the car. We plugged it into the cab and miced it up and
            they were able to finish the last set. It wasnt stellar tone but for $15 its OK for driven tones.
            Theres no volume knob so its dependant on your guitar knobs for clean tone. The built in speaker isnt super
            sounding either.

Comment

Roland Micro Cube.
              Loud 'n' Proud member of the Mazi Bee Militia - "It don't matter what brand it is, as long as it's playable" - NO ESTEBANS PLEASE!
              Member of the SG ARMY
              Grand Poobah of the Oddball Brigade
              Always looking for Jammers in Jersey! PM me if interested! My styles are classic rock and jam bands.

Comment

pignose
                strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

i have no experience with one, but it seems the "Official NYC Subway Busker's Amp" is the aforementioned Crate.

+1. I don

Comment

I've not used it but I would pick the VOX AC4TV.
                    Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

I play with friend on beach for little charity collections, so must use battery amps. I've gone through quite a few: Vox Da-5, micro cube, cube RX, cube street, crate had one... profiler series they blew out for $50 at GC, Yamha VA-10..
                      I am lusting after a mini mustang (came out 3 weeks after last trip to USA, haven't got them here yet).
                      My vote given what I've played with would be the cube street, with separate voice channel and reverb for that. I assume you are going to sing. Does acoustic electrics quite well.
                      I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
                      Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

I've not used it but I would pick the VOX AC4TV.

It is not battery powered

Comment

I've heard good things about the Carvin Stagemate.

Or just get a portable battery pack and use whatever amp you want.

Here's my rig for beach weddings:

This:

Plus this:

The best piece of advice I ever got was when John Mayer told me, "Don't be a name dropper."

Comment

• darcman232006
                            darcman232006 commented
                            Editing a comment

Cool idea, how many hours of use do you get out of your rig before you run out of juice?

It is not battery powered

You are absolutely right. I thought it was so thanks for pointing this out to me.
                          Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

Roland makes a bigger brother to the Micro Cube just for this purpose, the Roland Street Cube:
                            My band, Hard Luck Street

Comment

Working...
                            X