Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does micro-tilt suck tone?

I'm totally blown away by the tone of my new CIJ strat. Can the use of the micro-tilt on my MIA strats explain why they sound duller?

"The blues is the recognition of a tragedy, and the optimism to deal with it" (Fruteland Jackson)

"You may think you're playing your instrument, but what you're really playing is the audience" (anonymous)

There

Comment

• mschafft
      mschafft commented
      Editing a comment

Jack pot!!

I always hated the micro-tilt on my Strat, not because of any perceived tone differences, but the neck used to pivot if I got a bit crazy onstage. I shimmed it and it stays put now.

Comment

• joeybsyc
      joeybsyc commented
      Editing a comment

There's nothing wrong with the microtilt system at all, and it actually works very well.  

Yes the microtilt thing when used removes the neck from its fully seated in neck pocket. Terrible invention that just makes for poor neck joints imo.

Life for its own carnal pleasure.Synths: Novation KS4 & Maudio Venom. Guitar: BC Rich It Warlock.. Bass: BC Rich Warlock. Sight: Aerial lasers by Omnisistem & Chauvet,. Geometric lasers by Extreme.

Comment

• mschafft
      mschafft commented
      Editing a comment

I have a hunch that the very high-mass trem block in my CIJ strat accounts for its deeper bass and longer sustain than on my MIA strats. I've done a new set up of the American one without the micro-tilt and the Japanse 57RI is still miles ahead. The American Series Strat sounds nice and tight but has less balls and piano-like tone to it... That CIJ strat may not be the best strat for everything but it seems quite exceptional to me and certainly is a blues/power funk gem.

Working...
X