Save My Life, I'm Going Down For The Last Time

slvrsrpnt

• Members

Head East - Never Ever Been Any Reason

Been hearing this song quite a bit lately on Sirius Radio.  Fun song from a band I never really heard of or listened to before.  I enjoy hearing tunes like this and have a chance to enjoy them.  Almost has a pre-cursor to the Cars with the keyboards and a nice little hooky chorus.  And you get to sing -shave my wife, I'm going down for the last time!

• Members

And you get to sing -shave my wife, I'm going down for the last time!

I went to school in west central Illinois in the late 70s and we played the **** out of that album.  Great stuff, I think they were a Champaign (U of I) band. 

In all the years and times I've known that song I never caught that slight change to that line.  But geez, if she's going to go to the trouble to shave it, you better not make it the last time! 

• Members

Sheraton wrote:

I went to school in west central Illinois in the late 70s and we played the **** out of that album.  Great stuff, I think they were a Champaign (U of I) band. . . . 

I grew up 70 miles east of St. Louis, in southern Illinois, and they were huge in the mid 70's. That song still gets played on local stations from time to time.

• Members

One of my friends played drums in one of the versions of Head East where the only original member was the keyboardist.

Being from Illinois, this song was on constant rotation during my childhood. It makes me think of being at the swimming pool every time I hear it.

Archived