Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

J.Backlund design announces new Korean made models!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Elias Graves
    View Post

I kinda wish it was Peerless, but Unsung can make some good stuff. If it's retail priced around a grand, could we expect it be as nice as, say, a Reverend or something along those lines?

It had better exceed a "Reverend" or I'll send them back. and thats a promise.

I really liked them.. but Peerless wasn't able to handle what we asked for.

Some of Johns designs are not so "production friendly" unless you have certain equipment.
    the Coolest Guitars Designs since...ever
    www.jbacklund.com

Comment

best of luck with it

Comment

good luck, you guys. this is watching a dream in the midst of becoming reality. thank you for including us here. what kind of hardware (pickups, pots, tuners, etc.) should buyers expect to get on these guitars? is it manufactured and assembled overseas, or shipped to the states for assembly here in the US?
        INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

Dean has been using Unsung for their Korean models since 2006
          This space intentionally left blank

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by slvrsrpnt
            View Post

Dean has been using Unsung for their Korean models since 2006

"It had better exceed a "Reverend" or I'll send them back. and thats a promise."

You got me seriously thinking about selling my faded SG. Honestly, I play my Korean Dean Soltero a heck of a lot more.

I want the single coils though!!!!!!
            Hear our stuff at: theprettyvoices.bandcamp.com

Comment

SPAM or no SPAM, I'm in at the $500 level and am keeping my fingers crossed that the program succeeds.

It's not my favorite of the Backlund designs but it's still quite cool and at $500 it was a pretty easy decision for me.

Comment

this is so great to see. i bought an Insane Gain from Bruce almost 10 years ago. watching this whole thing come together on HC has been amazing. i wish i had $500 right now, but it's not to be. good luck with it.
                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

I'm this >< close to buying in. Are the fretboards rosewood or is maple also an option?
                  New stuff every day on Gain!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bennett
                    View Post

....he should be viewed in the same light as Leo Fender and others of his type.

I'm a little embarrassed by the Leo comparison, Bruce.....maybe I'd be more properly paired up with Orville Redenbacker, or those Bartles & James guys...but I probably play a guitar a bit better than Leo did...though ironically....on my/his Telecaster.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bennett
                      View Post

It had better exceed a "Reverend" or I'll send them back. and thats a promise.

I really liked them.. but Peerless wasn't able to handle what we asked for.

Some of Johns designs are not so "production friendly" unless you have certain equipment.

Wow. These ought to be nice guitars, then.

I hope it's a big hit for you guys. A lot of us do kinda feel connected to these, having seen the badass drawings Back when.
                      We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by John Backlund
                        View Post

I'm a little embarrassed by the Leo comparison, Bruce.....maybe I'd be more properly paired up with Orville Redenbacker, or those Bartles & James guys...but I probably play a guitar a bit better than Leo did...though ironically....on my/his Telecaster.

John,

In my opinion, your guitars are like pieces of art. They are completely beautiful in my eyes...

If they play only half as good as they look, I am totally in for one!

Gary
                        Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
                        Suicide by Overdrive

I play high gain, head banging , Wookie music.

I am not in a band. I am in a cultski.
                        I have no gear.

Jesus IS LORD

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by scolfax
                          View Post

I'm this >< close to buying in. Are the fretboards rosewood or is maple also an option?

I'm waiting for the answer to this too! Gotta have mah rosewood!

Also, would like a little more detail on the hardware if possible - especially the hardtail and tremolo bridges used, as well as the pickups.

I'll probably spring for one of these either way though. Pretty cool!
                          >>>Click here for my list of smooooov deals!

Comment

Hop on board early and get one for $500?

That's a great idea. Cool looking guitars.
                            I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

Seriously interested here, but put me in the camp of wanting a few more specs.

Even if they are best guesses I imagine you can give some idea what you have in mind to make these deliverable.

Hipshot Bridges?

Pickup Brand/Models?

Rosewood or Maple?

Neck Wood?

Body Wood?

Colors? Everything talks about 8 colors, but only 5 are shown.
                              Originally Posted by wedgehed II

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by axegrinder
                                View Post

Colors? Everything talks about 8 colors, but only 5 are shown.

right down the bottom it says ..... Current planned color options are - Black, White, Red, Sea Foam Green, Pink, Butter Yellow, Light Blue and Natural Satin.

Comment

Working...
                                X