J.Backlund design announces new Korean made models!

Bruce Bennett

• Members
Retronix_logosized.jpg

Yes, J.Backlund Design Guitars is announceing a new KOREAN MADE model!

these Guitars will be based on John's JBD-800 series body style. and will come in 8 colors and either tremolo or hardtail versions.
PLUS a Bass will be available as well.

All the details can be found at the link below, Please help us make this happen.

Retronix R-800 / R-800b by J. Backlund Guitar Project by J. Backlund Design Guitars — Kickstarter

there are already some high profile Artists jumping on board.
and some very well known Music Dealers as well.

seafoam8001.jpg

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cool looking designs, have been admiring these for years. But having the 'pick guard' in a place that picks don't strike, just for visual reasons, bugs me.

But I hope it doesn't bug everyone and he sells a lot of them.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by slideroni View Post
Cool looking designs, have been admiring these for years. But having the 'pick guard' in a place that picks don't strike, just for visual reasons, bugs me.

But I hope it doesn't bug everyone and he sells a lot of them.
Personally, I never intended them to be actual 'pickguards' and have usually refered to them in the past as 'faceplates', or....when I'm feeling especially pretentious and artsy-fartsy..a 'styling element'. The last time I actually got any practical use out of a traditional pickuard anyway, was back in my folky, Harmony Sovereign days when I was flailing out the chords of Dylan songs.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Kevman View Post
In before "cheap Asian shit".
Btw, congrats! Ill look at these when next in rhe market.
It really was kind of by accident (economics more than anything), but I realized recently that my MIK guitars rival my MIJ guitars in terms of quality. As long as the right factory is doing these, I expect great things!

Congrats to Bruce and John!!! thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by riffy View Post
How much are these gonna run $$$ wise?

I am VERY interested.

Gary
the oversimplified answer is, the first 25 guitars (of each of the 3 versions, for a total of 75) are 500.00 each + shipping.. after those sell then they are 600.00 + shipping.
also, this offer is limited to the day count you see on the Kickstarter site.

Archived