Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

J.Backlund design announces new Korean made models!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a bridge design that would look very nice on these guitar, and offer some interesting customisation. it would also work on hardtail and trem models, each being visually identical except the handle.

it has 1 minor drawback, on one major drawback though. the minor one is that its a fixed intonation saddle. the saddle as a whole is replacable in 30 seconds, but its not movable once installed.

the more serious drawback is that the action would not be easily adjustable on the hardtail model. youd need to adjust it in a way similar to an acoustic. on the trem the studs would allow adjusting the action, so thats all good there.

if bruce and john want to see it, ill send them the photos of it and specs.
    ---
    1959 is dead
    http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...4#post46436574
    ---

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Pariah
      View Post

That's terrific.

I just don't know what else is out there that meets all the requirements?

The only other thing I could see is license the piano bridge and have MIK knockoffs done.

If I was to re-design a piano bridge to better suit the styling of both the JBD-800 and JBD-100, I would simply reverse the bridge's sloped shape to a 'forward' rather than 'rearward' oriented visual flow, and perhaps curve the rear bar a bit to compliment the guitar's body shape and paint breaks on the two-tone models.

Comment

• Interesting direction this is going. I'd say that the suggested trem is not at all a strat trem, since it has 2 pivot points and an entirely different design of cast saddle with rollers. I'm sure more subtlety & control could be designed in by moving the location of the arm attachment further forward or back, away from the pivot point.

Do not want a Jag/jazzmaster trem, nor the boat anchor that is the bigsby/wigsby etc.

John - re-shaping the Hipshot sounds good to me.
        http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

http://photoxon.blogspot.co.uk/ My photography blog

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by John Backlund
          View Post

If I was to re-design a piano bridge to better suit the styling of both the JBD-800 and JBD-100, I would simply reverse the bridge's sloped shape to a 'forward' rather than 'rearward' oriented visual flow, and perhaps curve the rear bar a bit to compliment the guitar's body shape and paint breaks on the two-tone models.

I'd love to see your take on the mousetrap. I bet you'd make it look bad ass while being more ergonomically functional for the mouse!!
          Originally Posted by wedgehed II

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by John Backlund
            View Post

>>>Clicks "Like" button<<<
            >>>Click here for my list of smooooov deals!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner
              View Post

Interesting direction this is going. I'd say that the suggested trem is not at all a strat trem, since it has 2 pivot points and an entirely different design of cast saddle with rollers. I'm sure more subtlety & control could be designed in by moving the location of the arm attachment further forward or back, away from the pivot point.

American Standards, Classic Player, and several other Strat models have 2 point trems.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by kit_strong
                View Post

American Standards, Classic Player, and several other Strat models have 2 point trems.

I think he was referring to the topic of vintage vibrato history and the comparison of the JM unit to a six screw "synchronized tremolo." As stubborn as it may seem to some, most Strat purists swear by that original design. To each their own.

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bennett
                  View Post

nobody here is going to like my answer.

Its a very flawed design and causes as many tuning problems as the Intonation problem is solves. and it just looks dorky on these guitars.

We tried them on some of the earliest prototypes.. yeuchhh! and they feel terrible. way to spikey feeling for these fast looking designs..

No... there has to be a better design out there that offers the tuneing stability I want.. I'll keep working on it.

I have a Schecter that uses the string-thru and tune-o-matic set up - I HATE changing strings because I have to monkey around to get the strings through the damn top ferrules. I'd be pretty pleased with most other bridges. I just would like to see a quality unit used.
                  Good Deals - BlackHatHunter, vexed73, Shamdog, sa1126, Doctor Morbius, Tweedledee, RitalinCupcake, CompleteGuitard, Metal0822, lfrz93, deadanddreaming, Billy Dee, jigowatt, jcameronk2, Steve_man, orangesix, Zuzuman, BryanFTL, finboy, IBDBB (x2), Mike Fiasco, Posh1227, Woody_in_MN, finboy, FarToMany, kojdogg, Fusion1, dcindc, fulcrumpoint, live-I-evil, Deadbeat Son, Teletaylor, Mr Goodbomb, Firebrand, Jse, bdhn, Lonnie99(x2), jjegg

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by 9-Pin-Phoenix
                    View Post

I have a Schecter that uses the string-thru and tune-o-matic set up - I HATE changing strings because I have to monkey around to get the strings through the damn top ferrules. I'd be pretty pleased with most other bridges. I just would like to see a quality unit used.

I agree.... those schecters do have a problem with that.

Personally I hate haveing to flip any guitar over to change strings.

I think that whatever job you might need to do on a guitar, it should be able to be done from 1 side of the guitar.

which is why I LOVE the new EMGX system. I wish ALL pickup manufacturers would start useing this system.

its SO nice to be able to swap a set of pickups from the front side of a guitar! not to mention wiring the control cavity is a snap!
                    the Coolest Guitars Designs since...ever
                    www.jbacklund.com

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by kit_strong
                      View Post

They do, but may other guitar designs have 2 point trems too, and that style of trem is relatively modern. Do PRS use a strat trem? For me a strat trem is the 6 screw vintage unit as Axegrinder said.
                      http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

http://photoxon.blogspot.co.uk/ My photography blog

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

• I was hoping to see some updates on the hardware choices. I see that metallic colors WILL be offered. Very cool, but now it has me rethinking the pastel yellow a little bit. I also notice that most of the hardtail early bird pledge packages are gone.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by axegrinder
                          View Post

I see that metallic colors WILL be offered.

Where did you see that?
                          Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

• So does the goal still seem feasible? maybe you could get a private investor hookup if it falls short

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Flatspotter
                              View Post

Where did you see that?

On the Kickstarter page in the "Comments" section.

"There will be several metallic finishes from which to choose. We are leaning toward metallic choices of black, white, cobalt blue and a rich red. The pastels will be sea foam green, pink, butter yellow and something close to fiesta red."

Comment

• Thanks. Cobalt blue and rich red sound fantastic!
                                Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

Working...
                                X