let's see the guitar you've had the longest

mistersully

• Members

electric guitar of course

and clips would be great

this is mine... think i've had it for about 10 years

tele

g&l tribute asat classic... from back when they were made in korea

this guitar has been the reason other guitars have been sold... eg. when i had my suhr strat i dug it, but i sold it because i liked the asat more... a lot more (i'm probably about to sell my pacifica 611 for the same reason)

it's the most ballsy single coil tele i've ever played... and it plays GREAT... all i've had done is had a bone nut put in, and a pro setup

the other thing i love about it is it sounds great with the volume rolled back... you don't lose the highs like on many other guitars... i can have one setting on an amp and get all the tones i need just by using the guitar's conrols

i freakin' LOVE this guitar

i've recorded it a lot but i'll do a fresh clip and post it here over the next few days

so let's hear about the one you've stuck with

• Members

Aria Pro II Fullerton 2.jpg

My first guitar, an Aria Pro II Fullerton.  When people talk about Aria gear being good and sought-after, I chuckle, because this thing doesn't measure up to that.  I realize that those people are talking about MIJ Arias, but first impressions are what they are.

Anyway, I played on this thing for a few years, and it finally crapped out.  The frets are dented pretty badly, especially in first position where I did most of my learning, and the pickups would make the most horrendous microphonic feedback.  They were the type of pickups that you could talk through, and your voice would come through the amp good enough that you could totally understand what you're saying. 

Aria Pro II Fullerton 1.jpg

I picked up a Red Lace dual pickup on ebay maybe 8 years ago, hoping that a new pickup might give some life back to the guitar.  The humbucker was the worst for noise and feedback (go figure) so that's why I replaced it.  I liked the chrome ring that goes around the Lace, so I screwed that onto this guitar.  The original humbuker fell apart once it was removed from the guitar.  My dad did the wiring, and while the pickup sounds good full on, when you switch the splitter switch, it seems to go out of phase or something (sounds really thin and wrong).  I didn't know about wiring back then, so I was no help.  I never went back in to fix it.

The guitar is an intonation nightmare, and it only has sentimental value at this point.  I sometimes think about going back to it and upgrading it, but I never have.  I'm not sure it would be worth it.

Archived