A simple color poll.

J Backlund

• Members

1001gear wrote:

Since it doesn't count I unabashedly vote neither. The green is horrible the burgundy is ok but you should relly make a bunch in deep candy apples. Green on a gold base, Cherry reds - real show rod cullers.

If there was to be a bunch of them made, I would certainly go for candy apple colors, heavy metal flakes etc. But unfortunately, I only foresee two 700's being made, this one (#1) and another owned by the builder, Marco Krijger in the Netherlands.

I simply cannot afford to have additional examples made, otherwise I'd have at least several specimens of this design made for myself in different color finishes and using different hardware (trem bridge, etc.) same with the Marz 6, but I only have one shot at owning an example of each of these two designs, so this is 'it'.

I wouldn't object to either of these two Backlund models (Katalina 700 and Marz 6) being produced as a relatively affordable production guitar sometime in the future,  but I wil not allow either to be made as expensive custom shop items. My two guitars are only custom-built instruments because that's obviously the only way to aquire an example of each for myself. They are not intended as production protoypes, though they could certainly be used as such if absolutely neccessary.

Archived