omg, my ultimate NGD is today ...

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One.

Happy 3,000!!! I thought I would share with my homies.
    Originally Posted by adlo76

i used think guitarmandp was a douchebag.
    now i'm certain.

Comment

• I been fooling with the aquarium alot lately.

now i'm certain.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by BobbaFret
        View Post

Tony Lamas,Louis Vuitton??

i like to **************** with stereotypes.

i defy the basic ideals of:

a) computer nerd (programmer by day)

b) punk rocker (tattooed rock 'n roller by night)

c) yuppie (bmw drivin, fancypants loft livin, lv carryin, $300 jean wearin ****************************)

d) redneck (born and raised in rural NC, own a horse, rock a rebel flag in my house and - now - proud wearer of some sick tony lamas)

cuz i'm basically all of those.
        Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.
        Tattoos courtesy of Espi & Alison Casson

Comment

• also, rad starfish!
          Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Axe_34
            View Post

So in the interest of full disclosure, here is the stupidest thing I've ever done in a guitar store. It also happens to be the one in which I encountered our villain, Mr. Douchebag. (http://www.theartsmusicstore.com/)

So I'm at ye olde guitare shoppe and want to look at an American tele. Problem is they're waaaaaaaaay up there, the headstock maybe nine to ten feet off the floor. So I wait for a salesperson.

And wait.

And wait some more.

Then I see a couple of little foot stools around, maybe a foot high. Well, I'm no clutz, despite my 35 years of age. I climb up, reach way up (I'm only 5-8) and get it down without a problem.

I play it for about 10 minutes and still no salesperson. So it's time to put it back.

I get back on the footstool, holding the tele with both hands by the bottom. I reach up and, just as I'm slotting the headstock into the hanger, I start to lose my balance and begin pitching forward.

All that flashed through my mind was me taking down a wall of a couple of dozen American teles and strats, each with a minimum price tag of $1,000.

So with only a millimetre to go before I completely go arse over tea kettle, I manage to get the tele home and throw myself backwards off the stool away from the wall of guitars.

My fall was broken by a Matchless Avenger 2x12 combo. I landed on it on my back and rolled over on to the floor.

I look over and the pimply 17-year-old doing nothing but squealies and dive bombs on some Ibanez looks over and says, "Dude, are you okay?"

I mumbled something and scampered out, more embarrassed than I've been since I was an awkward teen.

My wife laughed so hard when I told her, I think she forgave me for buying my Traynor CV50Blue and expansion cab without asking her.

You bought another amp? Or is this story old?
            Good deals with: vangkm, verence, whiteyanderson, DCinDC, Spitfire Mojo, Ashtray, Tweedledee, Atrox, Twisty561, Thinkarogadum, archenemy5150, Flailer, Polk Salad, drummerdarko, T6TexanII

Originally Posted by Mike Fiasco

I've been to the country. What country needs is meth head songs. That's something the country kids can all relate to.

Comment

• So where are all the reviews you promised? Eh? Eh?

I did **************** all today. Re-installed this bloody computer (it was acting up) while trying in vain to figure out how to play the solo for "Shook me All Night Long". I swear, if I hear one more person saying "it's real straightforward", I'm gonna throttle me someone out a window...
              Good deals with: vangkm, verence, whiteyanderson, DCinDC, Spitfire Mojo, Ashtray, Tweedledee, Atrox, Twisty561, Thinkarogadum, archenemy5150, Flailer, Polk Salad, drummerdarko, T6TexanII

I've been to the country. What country needs is meth head songs. That's something the country kids can all relate to.

Comment

• Thank's,he's a Bali star.

now i'm certain.

Comment

• Old story. Just wanted to throw it out there to show how stupid I can be.

But you guys already know that.

Review and clips up tomorrow/Saturday.
                  And once you're gone, you can't come back/ When you're out of the blue and into the black

Comment

• Merry Christmas (late, I know). I'm back from my travels in India, a little bit sunburnt and jetlagged - but guess what? It's my first NSD! (new sitar day). I'll get some pictures up here soon. Whats the news here then? Glad to see this thread is alive and well still

Comment

• oh ****************, that is ****************in AWESOME dude. there was a time many years ago i was totally obsessed with getting a sitar. never did it though.

PICS.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by mustang5
                        View Post

Merry Christmas (late, I know). I'm back from my travels in India, a little bit sunburnt and jetlagged - but guess what? It's my first NSD! (new sitar day). I'll get some pictures up here soon. Whats the news here then? Glad to see this thread is alive and well still

Welcome back!

I was wondering where you got to.

*Elaine, Jerry and George get off the plane to attend a wedding in India.*

Elaine: What's that smell?

Jerry: I think it's the stench of death.
                        And once you're gone, you can't come back/ When you're out of the blue and into the black

Comment

• I'm still in the office!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Dude! Get the hell out of there!!!

Here's today's guitar-related tip

I've recently discovered Guitar Pro and PowerTab. Fun tab MIDI tools. Makes learning songs a bit easier for me. And the neat trick is that I've been using them to export the songs into MIDI files, which I then import into FLStudio (I used to dabble in electronic music) where I can assign real instruments to the MIDI tracks. Very neat backing tracks!

Comment

View Post

So I was in the same music store last Thursday. I was looking at a few strats (most of which had obviously been setup and tested by amputee gorillas).

I'm just noodling on the gorilla strats on a Champ 600 when up strides this kid, who probably was 15 or 16.

He looked exactly like Macaulay Culkin's brother Buzz in Home Alone. Exactly...like him. (Try as I might, there are no pictures of him on teh internets -- his name is Devin Ratray).

He's holding one of these:

He plops down on a stool and plugs into a........drum role please.......Line 6 Spider II.

Cue the scooped midzzzzz.

Cue the volume.

And cue the badly -- and keep in mind I suck -- badly played opening riffs to, in no particular order:

Smoke on the Water

Iron Man

Crazy Train

Sweet Child O' Mine

Enter Sandman

(Yes, I know we've heard this type of story before. Hang in there. The worst is yet to come).

So by now I've stopped playing because I can't hear the Champ even at 6 over his playing. So I give him the half turn look and the little douche looks at me and turns the amp up.

More bad riffs ensue.

So what I assume is this kid's mother walks over.

"Oh that sounds so good. Is that the guitar you want?"

"Yeah. Buy it."

"Okay dear."

She wanders off to the cash with a sales dude who was standing next to the mother.

About 15-20 minutes later (I'd given up playing and started looking at some bass guitars) his mother comes back.

"It's all paid for. Are you ready to go?"

"No. I want to play some more."

"But we have things to do dear."

The kid shrugs and turns the amp up again.

By now I'm in shock with how brutal this punk is being with his mother. She just dropped more than $2,000 and he didn't even say thank you.

But it gets worse.

About another 10 minutes pass (the sales guys weren't going to tell the golden goose to turn it down). I'm hanging around because I'm morbidly fascinated and part of me wants to take this idiot out behind the wood shed.

Anyway, the mother tries again.

"Can we go now dear?"

He turns around and looks at her and says, "Buy me this" pointing at the amp. "Why the hell would you buy me an electric guitar and not an amp too?"

Her shoulders slumped and I thought, for a second, he was going to get what was coming to him.

"Well, I guess I have to tell you. I paid for the same type of amp and they put it in our trunk. It was going to be a surprise."

He didn't say a word, turned back, played a couple of more riffs and then turned off the amp. He put the Gibson in its case, stood up and said to his mom, "Let's go. I want to get home and play it."

I am still boiling mad -- not just at the worst case of entitled and rude behavior I have ever seen, but also how the mother was enabling it the whole time.

And, for the record, I know not all teenagers are like this and plenty of adults are.

I need a drink.

Ya, thats a douchebag alight. I've seen alot of them like that. Sad part is he's going to be a douchebag adult one day. And that pretty Gibson is going to be treated like ****************. It's ok, mommy will buy him a VOS R9 next By the way was the mommy hot? Might be worth getting to know her
                              "You want the cannoli? Come get the cannoli, and don't **************** with me!"

Comment

View Post

So I was in the same music store last Thursday. I was looking at a few strats (most of which had obviously been setup and tested by amputee gorillas).

I'm just noodling on the gorilla strats on a Champ 600 when up strides this kid, who probably was 15 or 16.

He looked exactly like Macaulay Culkin's brother Buzz in Home Alone. Exactly...like him. (Try as I might, there are no pictures of him on teh internets -- his name is Devin Ratray).

He's holding one of these:

He plops down on a stool and plugs into a........drum role please.......Line 6 Spider II.

Cue the scooped midzzzzz.

Cue the volume.

And cue the badly -- and keep in mind I suck -- badly played opening riffs to, in no particular order:

Smoke on the Water

Iron Man

Crazy Train

Sweet Child O' Mine

Enter Sandman

(Yes, I know we've heard this type of story before. Hang in there. The worst is yet to come).

So by now I've stopped playing because I can't hear the Champ even at 6 over his playing. So I give him the half turn look and the little douche looks at me and turns the amp up.

More bad riffs ensue.

So what I assume is this kid's mother walks over.

"Oh that sounds so good. Is that the guitar you want?"

"Yeah. Buy it."

"Okay dear."

She wanders off to the cash with a sales dude who was standing next to the mother.

About 15-20 minutes later (I'd given up playing and started looking at some bass guitars) his mother comes back.

"It's all paid for. Are you ready to go?"

"No. I want to play some more."

"But we have things to do dear."

The kid shrugs and turns the amp up again.

By now I'm in shock with how brutal this punk is being with his mother. She just dropped more than $2,000 and he didn't even say thank you.

But it gets worse.

About another 10 minutes pass (the sales guys weren't going to tell the golden goose to turn it down). I'm hanging around because I'm morbidly fascinated and part of me wants to take this idiot out behind the wood shed.

Anyway, the mother tries again.

"Can we go now dear?"

He turns around and looks at her and says, "Buy me this" pointing at the amp. "Why the hell would you buy me an electric guitar and not an amp too?"

Her shoulders slumped and I thought, for a second, he was going to get what was coming to him.

"Well, I guess I have to tell you. I paid for the same type of amp and they put it in our trunk. It was going to be a surprise."

He didn't say a word, turned back, played a couple of more riffs and then turned off the amp. He put the Gibson in its case, stood up and said to his mom, "Let's go. I want to get home and play it."

I am still boiling mad -- not just at the worst case of entitled and rude behavior I have ever seen, but also how the mother was enabling it the whole time.

And, for the record, I know not all teenagers are like this and plenty of adults are.

I need a drink.

I can honestly say I probably would have looked at the lady and said "So...if I'm a complete dick to you, would you surprise me with a Gibson too?" and point at the wall.
                                Current Gear:2005 Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat'74 Silverface Fender Bassman TenDunlop Crybaby Wah

Comment

Working...
                                X