my '59 RI, has arrived in los angeles.

just gotta get over the inevitable hangover and get to work tomorrow. smile.gif

OMG+Thread

• Replies 211.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

seems to be, isn't it?!?!

i'm usually drinking heavily by now, too drunk to play and/or work anymore. smile.gif

unfortunately, i'm out of beer, which means i might have to crack open one of the bottles of wine i bought in napa a few weeks ago. not the really good one though ... that's reserved for a special occasion.

LIKE TOMORROW NIGHT.

• Members

seems to be, isn't it?!?!

i'm usually drinking heavily by now, too drunk to play and/or work anymore. smile.gif

unfortunately, i'm out of beer, which means i might have to crack open one of the bottles of wine i bought in napa a few weeks ago. not the really good one though ... that's reserved for a special occasion.

LIKE TOMORROW NIGHT.

• Members

i have not!

fwiw, i just popped a fine 2004 hess cuvee, which i bought in napa. not too nuts, since it's easily available elsewhere ...

1195038015.jpg

and it is delightful. this bottle will not last long.

ps - the looks i got in napa, being my tattooed, filthy looking self, were priceless.

• Members

i have not!

fwiw, i just popped a fine 2004 hess cuvee, which i bought in napa. not too nuts, since it's easily available elsewhere ...

1195038015.jpg

and it is delightful. this bottle will not last long.

ps - the looks i got in napa, being my tattooed, filthy looking self, were priceless.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by HRM View Post
I've never gotten a chance to play one of those high-end custom shop jobbies. I'd be interested to know what you think the major differences are between it and a regular Lester.
man, i've had numerous LP standards over the years ... and the attention to detail, the feel, everything, to me, on the custom shop beauties ... is just far superior. sure, they come with a bit of a price tag and a LOT of people will say it ain't worth it.

but, shit, i disagree. i feel like i can make damn near any guitar sound like i want it to, to some degree ... but they won't FEEL right. the feel is what's important to me.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by HRM View Post
I've never gotten a chance to play one of those high-end custom shop jobbies. I'd be interested to know what you think the major differences are between it and a regular Lester.
man, i've had numerous LP standards over the years ... and the attention to detail, the feel, everything, to me, on the custom shop beauties ... is just far superior. sure, they come with a bit of a price tag and a LOT of people will say it ain't worth it.

but, shit, i disagree. i feel like i can make damn near any guitar sound like i want it to, to some degree ... but they won't FEEL right. the feel is what's important to me.

Archived