No announcement yet.

omg, my ultimate NGD is today ...

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i blew off most of the work i had to do tonight to drink, play guitar (still trying to make layla - the original - into ONE part) and, uh, **************** around on the internet.
    Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.
    Tattoos courtesy of Espi & Alison Casson

Comment

i blew off most of the work i had to do tonight to drink, play guitar (still trying to make layla - the original - into ONE part) and, uh, **************** around on the internet.
      Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.

Comment

Ever hear Charlie Daniels cover of Layla?

Its awesome.
        Originally Posted by adlo76

i used think guitarmandp was a douchebag.
        now i'm certain.

Comment

Ever hear Charlie Daniels cover of Layla?

Its awesome.

now i'm certain.

Comment

I've never gotten a chance to play one of those high-end custom shop jobbies. I'd be interested to know what you think the major differences are between it and a regular Lester.
            Originally Posted by BrendanO

We're gonna ****************. I'm not sayin' who's sticking what, where; I'm just sayin', we're gonna ****************.

Comment

I've never gotten a chance to play one of those high-end custom shop jobbies. I'd be interested to know what you think the major differences are between it and a regular Lester.

We're gonna ****************. I'm not sayin' who's sticking what, where; I'm just sayin', we're gonna ****************.

Comment

i have not!

fwiw, i just popped a fine 2004 hess cuvee, which i bought in napa. not too nuts, since it's easily available elsewhere ...

and it is delightful. this bottle will not last long.

ps - the looks i got in napa, being my tattooed, filthy looking self, were priceless.

Comment

i have not!

fwiw, i just popped a fine 2004 hess cuvee, which i bought in napa. not too nuts, since it's easily available elsewhere ...

and it is delightful. this bottle will not last long.

ps - the looks i got in napa, being my tattooed, filthy looking self, were priceless.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by HRM
                    View Post

man, i've had numerous LP standards over the years ... and the attention to detail, the feel, everything, to me, on the custom shop beauties ... is just far superior. sure, they come with a bit of a price tag and a LOT of people will say it ain't worth it.

but, ****************, i disagree. i feel like i can make damn near any guitar sound like i want it to, to some degree ... but they won't FEEL right. the feel is what's important to me.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by HRM
                      View Post

man, i've had numerous LP standards over the years ... and the attention to detail, the feel, everything, to me, on the custom shop beauties ... is just far superior. sure, they come with a bit of a price tag and a LOT of people will say it ain't worth it.

but, ****************, i disagree. i feel like i can make damn near any guitar sound like i want it to, to some degree ... but they won't FEEL right. the feel is what's important to me.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by aenemated
                        View Post

the looks i got in napa, being my tattooed, filthy looking self, were priceless.

I can imagine. You look like you need a Mason jar full of Miller Lite

now i'm certain.

Comment

View Post

the looks i got in napa, being my tattooed, filthy looking self, were priceless.

I can imagine. You look like you need a Mason jar full of Miller Lite

now i'm certain.

Comment

i forget which winery we rolled up to, it was SPECTACULAR though. one of the more pricey places, but my homey wanted to hit it up so we went.

anyway, it was my turn to pay for the tastings (which, i promise you, are very dangerous - i was drunk as hell by 11am) and i rolled up to the bar. had on an allman bros tshirt, some ratty jeans - which are, btw, not exactly cheap - and my chucks and was like "yes ma'am, 4 tastings, please."

and she kinda looked at me like i was an ****************************.

**************** was AWFUL. $200 bottles, and it was terrible. everyone i was with was tryin to be all respectful, but i was like "man, this is ****************." and chugged it and walked out for a smoke.

i'm sure there was some chatter after the fact.

****************in people. never know what exactly they're dealing with.

Comment

i forget which winery we rolled up to, it was SPECTACULAR though. one of the more pricey places, but my homey wanted to hit it up so we went.

anyway, it was my turn to pay for the tastings (which, i promise you, are very dangerous - i was drunk as hell by 11am) and i rolled up to the bar. had on an allman bros tshirt, some ratty jeans - which are, btw, not exactly cheap - and my chucks and was like "yes ma'am, 4 tastings, please."

and she kinda looked at me like i was an ****************************.

**************** was AWFUL. $200 bottles, and it was terrible. everyone i was with was tryin to be all respectful, but i was like "man, this is ****************." and chugged it and walked out for a smoke.

i'm sure there was some chatter after the fact.

****************in people. never know what exactly they're dealing with.

Comment

View Post

This is true. It's so personal, too - what feels right to me might be ass to you and vice versa.

I'm jealous, I must say, in a very good way - I gotta go try out one of these things at some point, though I'll NEVER afford one. Enjoy that new instrument!

Comment

Working...
                                X