Damn someone got a great deal on Wayne Static X's 1982 Gibson flying V

TeleFromHelly

• Members

A few months ago I got sniped and lost the bidding on a brand new Ibanez jet king signed by Sister Hazel. It was being sold as a collector's item and ended up going for like $125 bucks. Not quite as good a deal, but I thought it'd be funny to buff off the signatures and have a story about getting a brand new guitar for less than half price because it was signed by Sister Hazel.

• Members

$850 for a 1982 Gibson V to me isn't bad at all. I am fan of Wayne Static because they don't take themselves to seriously. He says they are not out to impress any guitar geeks with overly technical riffs. Ironic because Wayne Static can SHRED...he just doesn't in Static X. His previous band had quite a bit of shred in it..

As for the '82 V........WANT!!!

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I have this guitar. It was a fair price for the guitar alone but the fact that it was used by Wayne static makes it better for sure. I've tried to contact Wayne but he doesn't respond... Actually he responded to my long, detailed email with just a " :) ". I love my memorabilia. But I'm getting broke now.

• Members

taylor210eman wrote:

I'd be pissed if someone resold a gift like that. If you don't want it, give it back.

I agree. That's one thing that irritates me about the idiots that come on Pawn Stars (Fake or not). They always have some valuable thing their friends or relatives left them.

• Members

Ironworker14 wrote:

LOL. did you get my last message?  I got that guitar from his ex. where are you from?

I'm from Georgia; my parents divorced when I was three. I don't have a very upbeat view on divorce, much less friends who receive gifts. Imagine if Jimmy Page's wife received his Les Paul in a divorce, and then sold it on eBay.

• 6 years later...
  • Members
On 7/9/2013 at 8:36 PM, Ironworker14 said:

I have this guitar. It was a fair price for the guitar alone but the fact that it was used by Wayne static makes it better for sure. I've tried to contact Wayne but he doesn't respond... Actually he responded to my long, detailed email with just a " :) ". I love my memorabilia. But I'm getting broke now.

Hey man,

I think you were at the VIP meet in Seattle last night with this guitar? Beautiful shape and awesome story! Please let me know if you are ever needing to part with it. I am definitely interested.

Archived