No announcement yet.

Damn someone got a great deal on Wayne Static X's 1982 Gibson flying V

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn someone got a great deal on Wayne Static X's 1982 Gibson flying V

I would have bid on it had i seen it! Not even a static-x fan but thats a super deal on an '82 flying V regardless

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wayne-Statics-Original-1982-Gibson-Flying-V-/150632878695?pt=Guitar&hash=item23126b5267#ht_500w t_1156
    "Can somebody give me a hand with all this talent?"

I'd be pissed if someone resold a gift like that. If you don't want it, give it back.
    Member of the Mazi Bee Militia
    Current Guitar Gear - 03 Gibson Les Paul Classic, 03 Highway One Strat, 92 Gibson AJ, 2001 Martin 000-16GT
    Amps - '60 Ampeg Mercury M12, Marshall Class 5, '73 Vibro Champ, Fender Custom Vibrolux Reverb
    FX - Fulltone OCD Version 2, Line 6 Pod HD400, EH Holy Grail Plus, Fulltone Fat Boost FB-2, Dunlop Wah

Comment

• Bucksstudent
      Bucksstudent commented
      Editing a comment

taylor210eman wrote:
      I'd be pissed if someone resold a gift like that. If you don't want it, give it back.

I agree. That's one thing that irritates me about the idiots that come on Pawn Stars (Fake or not). They always have some valuable thing their friends or relatives left them.

Good point, I should twitter wayne (if he has one) and see how he feels about it
    "Can somebody give me a hand with all this talent?"

Comment

• Ironworker14
      Ironworker14 commented
      Editing a comment

help me out and ask Wayne how he feels about this. I have asked already but I didn't get a real response.

The sunburst is kind of rare, that was a good deal.
    Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)

Comment

A few months ago I got sniped and lost the bidding on a brand new Ibanez jet king signed by Sister Hazel. It was being sold as a collector's item and ended up going for like $125 bucks. Not quite as good a deal, but I thought it'd be funny to buff off the signatures and have a story about getting a brand new guitar for less than half price because it was signed by Sister Hazel.
      Overdone, Overdrive, Over-live, Override

Comment

$850 for a 1982 Gibson V to me isn't bad at all. I am fan of Wayne Static because they don't take themselves to seriously. He says they are not out to impress any guitar geeks with overly technical riffs. Ironic because Wayne Static can SHRED...he just doesn't in Static X. His previous band had quite a bit of shred in it..

As for the '82 V........WANT!!!
        *********PROUD MEMBER OF THE GIBSON MAFIA***********
        Good Deals with: Box handler,the4thlast1,meowy,
        61reissue,Yavin,tspit74,musiclikscreams,Dega500,
        Powerglide350, Dark Sound,ambitot pu phan, DJFrank(x2),Salameri544,CRANK,BloodBros,ChuckMehh, Devnulljp,Dark Aegis,TheIgnoramus

*A couple of Gibson's, a cord, some dunlop picks and some cornbread...
        http://www.youtube.com/user/DR440

Comment

I have this guitar. It was a fair price for the guitar alone but the fact that it was used by Wayne static makes it better for sure. I've tried to contact Wayne but he doesn't respond... Actually he responded to my long, detailed email with just a " ". I love my memorabilia. But I'm getting broke now.

Comment

LOL. did you get my last message?  I got that guitar from his ex. where are you from?

Comment

• Bucksstudent
              Bucksstudent commented
              Editing a comment

Ironworker14 wrote:

LOL. did you get my last message?  I got that guitar from his ex. where are you from?

I'm from Georgia; my parents divorced when I was three. I don't have a very upbeat view on divorce, much less friends who receive gifts. Imagine if Jimmy Page's wife received his Les Paul in a divorce, and then sold it on eBay.

Working...
          X