Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does guitar center ever have deals you can use on used gear?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does guitar center ever have deals you can use on used gear?

I love their used section and would probably buy more often if they actually let you use some of their 'deal' coupons on the used section as well. They all have exclusions a mile wide and run the same promotion every month...

<div class="signaturecontainer">Originally posted by fu2jobu<br><br><br><br>&quot;1999 was all about me wanting to find Lou Bega and giving him a few good bitch slaps. &quot;<br></div><br><br>FS/FT - LTD Mirage guitar with EMG pickups. (MIJ)<br><br>http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/FS-FT-LTD-Mirage-guitar-emg-pickups/m-p/36167161/highlight/false#M290782<br>

I think the only deal they ever run on used gear is special financing with their credit card.

There's the semi-related deal that you can trade in a crappy distortion pedal and sometimes get 15-20% off a brand new item. That's worth it sometimes.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• joecool1963
      joecool1963 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been successful in striking up a friendship wit the assistant manager of the store...got a great deal and I will be shopping with him again in the future....

I remember reading posts from (former?) members here about ridiculous deals from GC's used department. If you know the manager, things can go well for you.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

Got an Alesis picoverb $40 shipped - CA to PA recently. Not a bad deal....

href="http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=richey+lather" Good deals with: Mister Zero, homestar_kevin, Nomad000, ed_sped2, Jim Hunter, D34dBaWx, Vidiot72, ny300percentcom, bluedevil0204, PumpkinPieces, Silverring233, darkmonohue, diceman1000, sethseth, boonestunes, Shauggy, echobaseone, firebrand, Macelind, BloodBros, michaellambson, SunofNothing, jdpkeeper, sameoldbluesman, Shamdog, WBigsby, Mike Fiasco, Greystoke</div>

Comment

• Matt300ZXT
        Matt300ZXT commented
        Editing a comment

Maybe this a good deal for you when you buy a used guitar that has a case with it usually, like an American Strat or Les Paul, something like that.  Anyways, I'm sure they all do it the same way, as I know the one I worked at did.  They buy the used hard cases in at $0.01.  So if you get $500 for your used Strat, they are giving you $499.99 for the Strat and $0.01 for the case.  Maybe you can haggle on the guitar you want to buy and give them $0.02 on the case, that way they're making 100% profit on it  lol

Working...
    X